sundown nightshades in a first gen s10

So I bought this bad boy recently. This will be a sundown exclusive system, or least I will use sundown if available. I'm going to be doing nearly everything myself. The plan is two nightshade v3 12s, two saz 3500s, 2 sundown component sets, and a sax 125x4. Head unit I'm thinking pioneer prs80. For electrical I'm going with XS power batts(a bunch of em) and a mechman alt. If I'm missing something, or you just have questions, fell free to ask. I will post pictures throughout this process.

As far as a little background on the truck, It is a 1987 Chevy s10. Engine rebuilt and has about 500 miles on it. I bought it with the suspension work done. If you want specifics on the bag job PM me. It's a bunch of info that really has no purpose on this forum. Only thing ill say is that it lays out on the frame.

So I got everything except for the woofers and batteries. I have been accumulating stuff for a couple of weeks now. Gonna have to cut the door panels for some fabrication. Gonna put two 6.5s and two crossovers on the lower half of the door panel and two tweeters in each dash speaker location. Post some pics soon.

prelim idea for the door panel...

Started making the shell for the glass work

Good fit on the door. Does not hit the seat or the floor.

Also I managed to get the alt and external regulator shipped in

disclaimer: I have never used fiberglass before in my life! decided to give it a try, rather than pay a buddy to do it for me.

Got 50 sq ft of FatMat and 100 sq ft of Rattle trap in today as well. Plan on using the fatMat on the inner door skin and then just placing it wherever i can reach. the Rattle trap will go on top of the FatMat and will cover the inner door skin, floor, and roof.

Pulled the carpet out along with the bench seat. Gonna bolt buckets directly to the floor instead so the two bass amps can stand up in between the seats. Also managed to remove the stock radio and speakers, plus i cut out a bunch of useless wires

Started putting on the FatMat

I hate cutting out the holes in this stuff. Now just to put the rattle Trap on the floor, roof, and inner door skins. Plan on sanding/Bondo on the door pods this weekend.

I have found out that I hate fiberglass and Bondo. props to anyone who has the patience and skill for body work

At least they still fit on the doors. I was going to paint them, but to hell with that. No way I'm getting these things smooth enough for paint, unlesss i want to spend the next month sanding while smashing my skull against the concrete floor!

Got all of my wire in today. Here is a comparison shot of the stock ground to the Sky High2/0 OFC

Only thing I managed to accomplish was putting the carpet back in now that all of the FatMat/Rattletrap is in

On a side note, I have fully decided to cover the door speaker pods I made with carpet. I have given up on perfection and just come to the realization that this is my first truly big build. Some learning points will exist regardless. I'm hoping to get a decent amount of work done this weekend, but I got Finals this week so progress could be kinda slow for the next few days

Finally able to make some more progress. Drilled my grommets for the wires to the door.

Also, I got my door pods covered

Next I think I have come up with an idea to run the volt meters and LC-1 off of panel attached to the ashtray. Hard to explain, but I'll take pictures. I'm also going to put the head unit in. This is what I'm staring at now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.