Jeep Wrangler, First audio Install (looking for advice)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Preolt

Hey CA,

I am going to be doing my first car audio install. I have been trying to read up as much as I can and scan crutchfield and other sites for bits and pieces of information to figure out how to best build my budget system.

IMG_8497.jpeg

My vehicle is a 2009 JKU Rubicon with the "Premium" infinity system. Though nothing about it sounds or feels premium. The sub falls flat on its face because of its position and enclosure, over all the speakers dont hit hard because they have no power behind them, and most of the upper end is completely lost leaving a middle muddy mess. Rant aside this is what I have followed up by what I want to build. My music tastes are fairly eclectic, I enjoy R&B, hiphop, alternative rock, folk, and a lot of classical. I dont listen to much screamo, no great distain for it just not what i usually choose to relax and jam out to.

These items where given to me, I am not sure if they are worth any thing at all, if they are decent components or just trash at this point.
IMG_1894.jpeg

This sub might be decent though I dont know.

IMG_7675.jpeg

This kicker I dont really want to use because it takes up so much space in its enclosure and again I have no idea if it even sounds good yet.

IMG_1788.jpeg

Finally I have this 2 channel 600 W amp from Boss that looks rather beaten up. I dont even know if it can actually output 600w of true power.

Head Unit

Now to the components I have purchased and am looking at purchasing, this is where I could really use some insight as I begin this build. I just purchased last week this Kenwood 471HD dd to replace a broken head unit. Cost was 290$
IMG_1973.jpeg

Coaxial+Component

Would you guys recommend replacing the front components, sound bar coaxials, or the subs first?

For the front I am looking at this Focal Component set followed up with the matching coaxial pair for the sound bar. To power these I am planning on using the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4.

Subs

For the subs I am looking at two 8" Sundown shallow mount subs with maybe another fosgate amp at 500w? These I am planning on creating fiberglass enclosures for underneath the two front seats so that you can actually hear and feel the bass when the top comes off.

What do you guys think of this set up? Honestly it seems a little steep to be starting out especially since I do not know much about a lot of this car audio. I am planning on installing deadeners behind the cones of all of the speakers and polyfilling the sound bar to reduce rattling and sound loss. My original budget was 300$ for the head unit and 400$ for the audio upgrades. As you can tell I have sort of ruined that budget and basically doubled it. What do you all think? Id this set up worth it? Will it create a decent sound despite Jeeps having the acoustic abilities of a tissue box? Thanks for the advice. I will be posting more soon as I do my head unit install and begin the audio install portion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.