sundown nightshades in a first gen s10

More progress! Got the speakers and crossovers wired and mounted onto the door.

Got the radio in as well. I made the tweeter housings to fit in the stock dash speaker locations

Im currently working on my idea to build the two volt meters and lc-1 mount on the underside of the stock ashtray. This is what I got so far.

Volt meter pod with LC-1 in the middle

Got the radio in and the four channel wired up. Component sets work.

Next I plan on recovering the headliner with the same carpet used for door pods. Also gotta make the amp rack fast. Driving this thing with an amp that is not mounted really *****.

Got the car's battery in. Other four batteries on the way. Got four XS 2700s for the amps. Plan on doing some major grounding this weekend. Im thinking 4 total under the hood.

1. Batt to Frame

2. Batt to Chassis

3. and 4. Engine to Frame (doing one on each side of the block)

I still have to mount the alt. So that will make at least five grounds just under the hood.

Also ordered aluminum flat bar for buss bars for the bed.

Two main grounds from battery. One to the frame and one to the chassis. Before everyone kills me, I know the power wire is tiny compared to the grounds. i have not put the alternator in yet. Still running stock for power (for now at least). Also grounded the block to the frame on either side. Literally only did both sides because I already had the short run of wire and I didn't want to waste it.

Got the headliner done. Nothing fancy, just some extra box carpet I had left over from the door pods

Also got center amp rack built. Just have to mount it now. Gonna bolt it directly through the floor of the truck.

Gonna put the new dash pad and door panels back on and wire up an alarm soon. I usually would never touch an alarm, but all I have to wire up is the constant, ground, accessory, and the sensors. Plan on doing a shock sensor and a proximity sensor. I also have a feeling there will be a gap in between the door pods and the stock door panels. I think I cut the panel a little too far. Not really sure how to fix that one. No biggie though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. had a photobucket fail this week and had to re enter all my pics. Any previous pictures I took will unfortunately not be on be here. If anyone wnats to see all of the pics again just shoot me a PM and I will link you to the gallery on photobucket. Sorry about that.

Now that the formal stuff is out of the way lets get on to progress...

I got the alarm in and working. no pictures because there really isn't anything to see. I did get the stock door panels put back on and there is a slight gap. Still not sure how to fix this but I'm not doing anything major to correct it. The dash pad is also on. You can kinda see all of the weights on the dash from the siliconing process

I hope to get the regulator and alternator mounted soon. I'm still waiting on the nightshades to arrive. As soon as they do The box will be built and then the truck is pretty much done. Fingers crossed that woofers arrive soon. I was hoping to make it to Heatwave in Austin which is the last weekend in July.

Still waiting for the nightshades. Probably just gonna focus on building the amp rack for now. Gonna stand the two saz3500s up on the center console. I'll get pics of the alt and regulator up soon. I was actually hoping on being able to bring the truck to heatwave in Austin at the end of July, but I think time is running short. I kinda knew I should've ordered the woofers earlier.

Alternator and Regulator both in and functional. I mounted the potentiometer for the regulator on the dash. More specifically, in the hole the cigarette lighter was in

Also the woofers have arrived!!!! this is a picture of the monster that is the Nightshade. To the left you can see a SA 8. Gonna work like crazy on the truck to try to get it out to Heatwave by the end of this month. Crunch time!

Amp rack is halfway done. Just have to build the feet to mount it to the center console.

More than likely gonna start building the box this week. It is going to be a simple ported box. I still have to run the power wire and grounds for the battery bank in the bed. Gonna be drilling lots of holes through the bed this week.

So I have suffered a critical engine issue that has to be worked out. that is the bad news. Good news is that the box is getting closer to being finished.

I also managed to run the two grounds and single power for the buss bars going in the bed for the battery bank. the two outer wires are grounds and the center is power from alt.

Buss bars will be cut out of aluminum flat bar. Batteries are going to sit on the notch in the bed. Still gotta look at where the amp power wires are going to go as well as the speaker leads. Ultimately I'm thinking I'm just going to have to drill more holes through the bed and cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.