1/0 ring terminals

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
why the hell are they so expensive? Every site I go to they're like $1.50 each!!! wtf?

Anybody know some places to get them for cheap?

I'm thinking about giving up and just getting them from sonics......$13 for 10. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Worse, the cable I'm going to get is oversized 1/0 CCA that's most likely 2/0. I don't even know if that will fit the terminals unless some trimming is done.

car audio is a headache....

Whatever you do don't get bullz audio... I ordered 10 xscorpion ring terminals and they sent me bullz audio ones. I didn't want to go through sending them back so I kept them and to fit my diyma oversize 1/0 in them I had to bend them all the way open then bend it shut around the wire.

If your talking about the Xscorpion brand then I would not recommend those. The hole size is only 5/16's so remember that so you dont have to drill them out to 3/8's like me lol. Also you will have to trim a little or risk a few strands hanging out if your using Knu wire.

describe "meh"?
They dont crimp properly? Poor electrical properties?

Crimping issues and just all around poor quality.

We use these if we are crimping. However' date=' with most higher end installs we tend not to crimp.

[img']http://s91.photobucket.com/user/prorabbit/media/IMAG0176-1.jpg.html[/img]

IMAG0179-1.jpg.html

terminals are terminals, if they don't crimp "correctly" than that's a user error. if you can't use a tape measure and get the terminals with the right sized hole than that's another user error. there's only a couple of manufacturers so they are all just rebranded terminals and the people using them become the issue.

terminals are terminals, if they don't crimp "correctly" than that's a user error. if you can't use a tape measure and get the terminals with the right sized hole than that's another user error. there's only a couple of manufacturers so they are all just rebranded terminals and the people using them become the issue.
The cheap quality ones you see in amp kits(or similar) is what I'm referring. They are just poor quality.

I prefer soldering myself...but many choose to crimp them.

My suggestion if you are crimping larger wire. Get a hammer crimp or hydraulic crimp.

isn't 5/16 good enough? That's like 8mm wide. That seems to be plenty wide. Previously I was using 3/8 terminals and they were too wide for the screws in the car on the positive battery terminal and ground screw in the trunk. I figure 5/16 can't be bad for my application.

Is that the only problem with Xscorpion/Bullz?

Regarding fitting 2/0 wire in a 1/0 terminal, I was think about fitting the inside strands of wire into the terminal, then wrapping whatever strands left over on the outside of the terminal and wrapping that tight with electrical tape for insulation. Sounds good?

isn't 5/16 good enough? That's like 8mm wide. That seems to be plenty wide. Previously I was using 3/8 terminals and they were too wide for the screws in the car on the positive battery terminal and ground screw in the trunk. I figure 5/16 can't be bad for my application.
Is that the only problem with Xscorpion/Bullz?

Regarding fitting 2/0 wire in a 1/0 terminal' date=' I was think about fitting the inside strands of wire into the terminal, then wrapping whatever strands left over on the outside of the terminal and wrapping that tight with electrical tape for insulation. [b']Sounds good[/b]?
No. You should purchase the correct terminal.

Also, do not ground to the body of the car if you can help it. Ground to the frame (if applicable).

No. You should purchase the correct terminal.
Also, do not ground to the body of the car if you can help it. Ground to the frame (if applicable).
i only of DIYMA that sells 2/0 terminals, but they say they're on pre-order shipping in May and I don't want to wait.

Yes, grounding in my car is done to the frame..

The cheap quality ones you see in amp kits(or similar) is what I'm referring. They are just poor quality.
I prefer soldering myself...but many choose to crimp them.

My suggestion if you are crimping larger wire. Get a hammer crimp or hydraulic crimp.
no matter which ones you are referring to, it again goes to user error. it's ppl using the incorrect tool to crimp these wires, using those "crimp pliers" for 4 gauge or larger wire saying "Brand ABC terminals are garbage". when it's just the clown trying to do an install acting like (s)he's a professional installer.

no matter which ones you are referring to, it again goes to user error. it's ppl using the incorrect tool to crimp these wires, using those "crimp pliers" for 4 gauge or larger wire saying "Brand ABC terminals are garbage". when it's just the clown trying to do an install acting like (s)he's a professional installer.

We have already covered that you can crimp even the cheapest of terminals. However, they are still cheap and there are much better out there for just a little more money.

So..lets get off the topic of "user error" because we have already both agreed that there is a right and wrong way of crimping.

There are also thin and cheap terminals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.