cant feel my bass??

dlg3413
10+ year member

Alright so i have 2 sundown 10's. one is an sa, the other is an e series (no i didnt buy them brand new like this. i got both of em from a friend for $150 for both an they were practically brand new. not even fully broken in yet) I am very impressed with these subs. They are INSANELY loud. im running them on a hifonics gladiator 1400 watt amp at 1 ohm. everything in and outside my trucks rattles like crazy an as soon as i turn it up my rearview mirror folds down. but a friend of mine has 1 rockford p3 12 on a bazooka 400 watt amp an while his is not nearly as loud as mine, it feels as if its gonna rip your chest apart and mine feels nothing like this. Why is that? is it the size of the woofer or the box? they are both ported but mine i built myself an i will be honest, its pretty shi**y. lol. his is professionally built tho an if im not mistaken i think its a t-line box. any input is greatly appreciated!! thanks. i just want mine to rip my chest apart too! haha

they have to separate chambers. its not like i just threw them in together

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Do some research around here first about boxes, box tuning for "the lows", and run one or the other series sub not both. Not one bigger one smaller. Not one sealed one ported. Just one or the other.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

That's great and all bro but you still can't run 2 different types of subs together...different specs, different power handling, different boxes..

Get rid of the E series, build a properly designed box for just the SA...or get rid of the E series and get another SA-10 and build a proper box for both of them.

It doesn't matter how is it hard to understand this. I would not run two different subs no matter if they are part of the same chamber or not. It's common sense like asking "is it ok to run an 18 and an 8 together if in different boxes?" No, no way in hell is that ok. Read around before you post more questions. I would read about box requirements for which sub you choose to use and what the two different types of boxes benefit you with.

You need a new box, sir. Just use the E series for now and keep the SA for when you start learning a bit more about car audio. I'm sure you would much rather blow the E from trial and error than the SA. You can either have @double 07 ; build a better enclosure for you or have @Kangaroux ; or @RangerDanger ; draft up a design for you to take into a local shop to be built.

It doesn't matter how is it hard to understand this. I would not run two different subs no matter if they are part of the same chamber or not. It's common sense like asking "is it ok to run an 18 and an 8 together if in different boxes?" No, no way in hell is that ok. Read around before you post more questions.
Wait, whaaaat? You can't run midbass and sub at the same time?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.