Popping noise from one speaker at high volume?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryanthie
10+ year member

Needs moar loud
So I have a popping noise coming from my front passenger door speaker. I had it slightly on certain songs before adding my mids amp. It is now more noticeable, so I know it wasn't from the amp clipping. Wiring connections seem to be fine.

Seems to only come from the one speaker. Sounds great up to about 27 on HU volume, 30 is where I have my gains set at.

Only seems to happen on songs that are "busy" so to speak, like rock songs with more of the higher frequencies, along with lower frequencies, and so forth.

Equipment is listed in sig.

I'm really hoping the speaker isn't the problem.

Try tuning/setting the Hertz on the HU with the speakers,may solve the issue, and adjust the setting as well on the amps hertz as well.Try that first before you blow the speaker, if it isnt already

Try tuning/setting the Hertz on the HU with the speakers,may solve the issue, and adjust the setting as well on the amps hertz as well.Try that first before you blow the speaker, if it isnt already
I have the HU set at 100hz I believe, and the amp's HPF isn't adjustable, it's 80hz. If the high pass on the HU affects the RCAs I can set it to as high as 150.

I have the HU set at 100hz I believe, and the amp's HPF isn't adjustable, it's 80hz. If the high pass on the HU affects the RCAs I can set it to as high as 150.
If you are running that high, and still getting popping,you might want to back down on the amp gain just a bit..Lowest HTZ on the speaker specs is 55?,so you may have too much on the gain?

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

You have your LOUD button on?Boost?If so, turn it OFF position

If you are running that high, and still getting popping,you might want to back down on the amp gain just a bit..Lowest HTZ on the speaker specs is 55?,so you may have too much on the gain? 

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

You have your LOUD button on?Boost?If so, turn it OFF position
Loud and boost are both off. I'll try backing off the gain and see if that helps me at all.. I just think it's weird that it's only one speaker doing this, the driver side doesn't have any popping sound whatsoever.

Loud and boost are both off. I'll try backing off the gain and see if that helps me at all.. I just think it's weird that it's only one speaker doing this, the driver side doesn't have any popping sound whatsoever.
Not every speaker is made the same,all are going to be different/take different amounts of power ect,even sold in pairs.You may buy a pair of subs that are DVC4ohm, and each will read differently on an ohm meter..One may say 4.01,while one may say 3.99 even?If new, you can send back as a defective set of speakers provided you have the original box, and reciept,with warranty, to obtain a new pair?Id try backing the gain off just a bit..Kinda sounds like you may be over powering them.Sound doesnt always come from the same from the same speaker.You may have a higher pitch on the left compared to the right,such as background noise/singing even.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.