Input Splitter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

lowend1

Okay, so I know there are other, more accepted ways of doing it, but humor me on my first post, okay?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A Jeep Cherokee I just inherited has an older (probably 90s) Sony head unit without an aux input jack. Can I use an RCA splitter at the power amp input to provide access to the amp for my iPod?

This is strictly a utility vehicle, and I'm not inclined to spend money upgrading the sound system. Previous attempts with the FM transmitter/iPod gadgets have been less than impressive. Thoughts? Thanks!

Okay, so I know there are other, more accepted ways of doing it, but humor me on my first post, okay?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
A Jeep Cherokee I just inherited has an older (probably 90s) Sony head unit without an aux input jack. Can I use an RCA splitter at the power amp input to provide access to the amp for my iPod?

This is strictly a utility vehicle, and I'm not inclined to spend money upgrading the sound system. Previous attempts with the FM transmitter/iPod gadgets have been less than impressive. Thoughts? Thanks!

actually, the answer is no. you cannot connect two sources to the same amp input. i think Mylar misunderstood your question.

with your idea using a splitter to connect two sources to the same input there is no way to switch between them and if you run both at the same time the weaker one (ipod) will fail permanently (besides both playing at the same time).

i assume all speakers are powered from this amp and nothing is powered from the head unit? because that would be the only way your idea would work.

assuming all speakers are powered from the head unit, you could just unplug from the head unit and plug into the ipod. that is the free solution. anything else (that would be the correct way to do this) will require you spend money.

if speakers are powered by the head unit then you can only use a head unit interface. did you use a wired FM modulator before or wireless?

some Sony head units had a CD changer input that can be adapted to an AUX input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.