What Fi Subwoofer is Good for Me?

LegendaryFire
10+ year member

Canada
I am looking into buying a Fi subwoofer; I love hard bass although I worry about my hearing and my car falling apart (something that hits hard but isn't damaging to my ears or my car). I hate the compression feeling in my ears when the volume is cranked, not sure if that happens with every sub but I hope not. I currently have a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP to power 2 12" subwoofers. My budget for the speakers is $1,000 dollars although I will be happy to spend less as long as it doesn't sound like Wal-Mart subwoofers. I mainly listen to Hip-hop, Rap and Dubstep. Feel free to suggest any subwoofers that anyone may feel are suited to me! I am new to the subwoofer scene. Thanks!

If you would be willing to look into other brands then 1 SSA Xcon would slam. Otherwise a FI Q matches your wattage and is an outstanding sub. Same goes for the FI BL. The FI Q would lean a little more toward the SQL side while the FI BL leans a little more to the SPL side. All subs mentioned are great and you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Will both of them pound hard when I want them to? I will probably be getting some dynamat to keep my car from rattling. Like I said; I absolutely LOVE hard hitting I just don't want it to ALWAYS hit hard. Meaning if I tune down the amp's bass boost or whatever it won't pound very hard but still sound good. Would it be okay to pump 750 watts per sub or am I undergoing it a bit? How does the FI Q hit for being a SQL sided subwoofer? And how does the FI B sound for being a SPL sided subwoofer? Thanks I greatly appreciate your advice! Another thing I was wondering was in the options when you go to buy them; you can pick from either Daily or SPL, what is the difference in sound? Does Daily just not pound as hard or what?

you should look into incriminator audio death row series..that is the best woofer ive ever owned and lasted the longest..there made for sql
As sweet as that is; I feel bad for your car and ears. But that is some pretty sweet bass you got bumping, nice work! Those subs looks a bit too crazy for me!

Although if one Fi Q 12" ported is making that kind of bass; then two ported should be plenty enough for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I can always adjust my amplifier bass settings to cut down the bass right?

Look into AA Havoc. I have one 12 running off the same amp and it slams. I have a bass knob so I can turn it down or shut off the sub thru the headunit.

I'd get 1 ab xfl. Get the 15 if you have enough room for the box otherwise 1 12 will pound pretty good for ya. I do have a fi bl 12 that needs a recone if interested though.

Thanks for the reply you guys! I am digging 2 12" Fi Q; looks like they pound pretty **** hard! What I don't understand is the speaker specs though..

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

^ ?... What is the difference between Dual 1 and Dual 2? And how can you wire something at 0.7 or 1.4 ohms?

Thanks for the reply you guys! I am digging 2 12" Fi Q; looks like they pound pretty **** hard! What I don't understand is the speaker specs though..DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

^ ?... What is the difference between Dual 1 and Dual 2? And how can you wire something at 0.7 or 1.4 ohms?
If you have to ask, then you are not ready for that type of equipment.

lemme get this straight...you want hard hitting bass but you want it quiet and no rattles.....hmm....you just need a tactile transducer under each seat, there, problem solved.
If you have to ask, then you are not ready for that type of equipment.
No need to be a **** head about it. It was a simple question; what would have been nice would be if you answered my question, or at least pointed me in the right direction as where I could read up a little more on it. My current Sony Xplod's (I know; ameture subs) pound extremely hard for the speaker and I can barely hear them. My whole trunk rattles, I never said I was expecting no rattles, I just don't want it and as a way to help reduce it I will be getting dynamat for the trunk.

Lots of sound deadener, some "real" subs, maybe something of greater quality for your budget and more suited to your preferences like tc sounds, idmax, dayton, etc. I don't see why you want two 12s but not loud bass? Or do you want loud bass, I don't think we understand what you are asking for, perhaps you could clear things up for us. The box needs to be properly designed for you to achieve the quality which you want. You don't want to spend 1000 on subs and 50 on some prefab box. Spend a little extra cash and get a box from one of our several designers on this site and you will notice a large difference in how they sound.

No need to be a **** head about it. It was a simple question; what would have been nice would be if you answered my question, or at least pointed me in the right direction as where I could read up a little more on it. My current Sony Xplod's (I know; ameture subs) pound extremely hard for the speaker and I can barely hear them. My whole trunk rattles, I never said I was expecting no rattles, I just don't want it and as a way to help reduce it I will be getting dynamat for the trunk.
I wasn't being an ass, just straight up honest with you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.