Need help fixing subwoofer!

NateDawg122
10+ year member

USA
Alright so I recently upgraded to an SSA Icon from my 12" Kicker CVX. I sold the CVX and shipped it off. The sub was sent in a sub box that was inside a UPS box for shipment. When the customer received the box it looked like it had been through WWII. They must have dropped the package off a 10 story building because 5 out of the 8 screws holding the sub in ripped out of the box. Anyway the sub was not working and I got the package back and had to refund the money. There doesn't seem to be any cosmetic damage to the sub but the cone was stuck all the way down. I pulled the cone back into the correct position and it stays there unless I push it back down, in which case it stays down. It just doesn't seem to be suspended and doesn't return to normal position if I push it down. Everything else SEEMS to be ok. I already called Kicker and they said they can't refurbish it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? If not than does anybody know someone that CAN fix it? Thanks for the help.

Working on that, still would really like to be able to fix this one.
Won't happen more then likely, if so it will cost more then it is worth to just replace it.

Odds are you not in your favor for winning the UPS claim either though.

well its already screwed try banging it (motor) on a piece of wood opposite the side of impact and see if you can shift the pole piece thats shifted and locking it up, or it could be the steel basket is bent locking it up in the gap either way hitting it hard is your only option.

Don't bother with UPS claims. If something broke during shipping they WILL find a reason to blame it on you.
Preaching to the choir man. These people are ridiculous. Apparently they can offer insurance before the shipment but afterwards they can throw that promise out the window.

Preaching to the choir man. These people are ridiculous. Apparently they can offer insurance before the shipment but afterwards they can throw that promise out the window.
Yep total waste of money. People get upset when they tell me to insure stuff I ship to them and I tell them I'm not going to bother. Hell my step dad is a business owner whose been with UPS for years and they have had stuff with bullet proof packaging that got destroyed during shipping and they still got shot down. He ships around medical equipment too so the value of those things can easily hit in the thousands.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.