What Fi Subwoofer is Good for Me?

Lots of sound deadener, some "real" subs, maybe something of greater quality for your budget and more suited to your preferences like tc sounds, idmax, dayton, etc. I don't see why you want two 12s but not loud bass? Or do you want loud bass, I don't think we understand what you are asking for, perhaps you could clear things up for us. The box needs to be properly designed for you to achieve the quality which you want. You don't want to spend 1000 on subs and 50 on some prefab box. Spend a little extra cash and get a box from one of our several designers on this site and you will notice a large difference in how they sound.
Sorry I will make myself a little more clear for you guys; I want a sub that pounds nice and hard (preferably a Fi subwoofer but I am open to suggestions), but I also want it to sound good at the same time.

I wasn't being an ass, just straight up honest with you.
I understand, sorry about the confusion.

Why a Fi subwoofer? I mean they are nice, but no reason to close your mind off from other subs. Fi Q should be nice for you, any size, I would just get one for your 1500w otherwise you won't be able to wake them up, trust me I know first hand.

Then just leave it at that....
Nowhere did I say I wanted to keep my stereo stock; thank you very much.

Anyways; I've seen those T1500-1BDCP's birthsheets with up to a max of 1,800 - 2,100watts. Would it still be worth only getting one; Fi-brations?

Nowhere did I say I wanted to keep my stereo stock; thank you very much.
Anyways; I've seen those T1500-1BDCP's birthsheets with up to a max of 1,800 - 2,100watts. Would it still be worth only getting one; Fi-brations?
Ok...but you did say this...

"I love hard bass although I worry about my hearing and my car falling apart (something that hits hard but isn't damaging to my ears or my car). I hate the compression feeling in my ears when the volume is cranked"

Hitting hard and not damaging to your ears is not going to happen....

It'll be fine, just set your gain around 1500w
Sorry I am a tiny bit confused! Set my gain to 1500w with one sub or two of them? My apologies. xD

Ok...but you did say this...
"I love hard bass although I worry about my hearing and my car falling apart (something that hits hard but isn't damaging to my ears or my car). I hate the compression feeling in my ears when the volume is cranked"

Hitting hard and not damaging to your ears is not going to happen....
Fair point; but you must remember I am new to the car audio scene. I yet have a few years to experiment with audio! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why a Fi subwoofer? I mean they are nice, but no reason to close your mind off from other subs. Fi Q should be nice for you, any size, I would just get one for your 1500w otherwise you won't be able to wake them up, trust me I know first hand.
Agreed. When I suggested those subs I meant just get one. One of any of them will match your amp wattage and will hit PLENTY hard for you. Plus buying one is a LOT cheaper than two. Take the money you save there and put it toward a well-tuned box to let the sub breathe. And for all the guys picking on the OP just chill out. We all have to start somewhere and at least he didn't get on here asking what Boss sub would work best with his Lanzar amp. Either answer his question honestly and respectfully or don't say anything at all. This place would be a lot better without so many sarcastic ********.

Agreed. When I suggested those subs I meant just get one. One of any of them will match your amp wattage and will hit PLENTY hard for you. Plus buying one is a LOT cheaper than two. Take the money you save there and put it toward a well-tuned box to let the sub breathe. And for all the guys picking on the OP just chill out. We all have to start somewhere and at least he didn't get on here asking what Boss sub would work best with his Lanzar amp. Either answer his question honestly and respectfully or don't say anything at all. This place would be a lot better without so many sarcastic ********.
Thanks for the advice I greatly appreciate it! How would I go about's calculating a good port size for the subwoofer enclosure? And when buying the Fi Q subwoofer, what options should I be selecting (Ohm, Cooling, P Chamfer, High QTS, Spider, I Heat Ring, Internal Lead)?

OP made it perfectly clear they want hard hitting bass without hearing loss. I have never seen the use for Tactile Transducers until now. I recommended they mounted one under each seat and my next suggestion is use a 8" or 10" sq sub in it's proper enclosure. The 1500 watt amp would then be totally unnecessary and a 300 - 500 watt amp would suffice to provide clear, clean bass and the percussive effects would be enhanced by the tactile transducers.

And there is a another side, OP cannot even decipher the specs on the sub he is asking about, and I hate for folks to waste money, but it might be best to spend a couple of hundred bucks on equipment that may be thrashed and trashed while the operator does figure out how this stuff works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.