What Fi Subwoofer is Good for Me?

Agreed. When I suggested those subs I meant just get one. One of any of them will match your amp wattage and will hit PLENTY hard for you. Plus buying one is a LOT cheaper than two. Take the money you save there and put it toward a well-tuned box to let the sub breathe. And for all the guys picking on the OP just chill out. We all have to start somewhere and at least he didn't get on here asking what Boss sub would work best with his Lanzar amp. Either answer his question honestly and respectfully or don't say anything at all. This place would be a lot better without so many sarcastic ********.
Some were answering honestly. IF someone dose not want rattles, the car to fall apart and to not hurt their hearing....well then HONESTLY hard hitting bass is out of the question. A really good front stage with a small sub, tuned nice and low would be the best bet for what the op stated he was wanting.

HONESTLY, you CAN NOT have loud, hard hitting bass that will not hurt your ears. Plain and simple. I gave an honest answer for what the op asked of.

Maybe.....the question should have been asked/worded different....

My bad guys; I worded myself wrongly, forget what I said before.

How would I go about's calculating a good port size for the subwoofer enclosure? And when buying the Fi Q subwoofer, what options should I be selecting (Ohm, Cooling, P Chamfer, High QTS, Spider, I Heat Ring, Internal Lead)?

My bad guys; I worded myself wrongly, forget what I said before.
For port size, IMO, go with at least 12-16 inches of port area per cu. foot of air space.(if the box is 2cuft, then 24-36's of port area)

If you amp is one ohm stable, then a D2 coil and the other options will be up to you.

For port size, IMO, go with at least 12-16 inches of port area per cu. foot of air space.(if the box is 2cuft, then 24-36's of port area)
If you amp is one ohm stable, then a D2 coil and the other options will be up to you.
Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Yes it is; I think I will get the cooling option as well since the amplifier is underrated and can do more than 1,500watts! Just a little confused about the I Heat Ring.

"
I Heat Ring: This option is a machined aluminum ring in the gap that lowers the inductance of the voice coil which allows it to play up a little higher in the frequency range and have better overall transient response. Please note that you can NOT select low Qts and the I Heat Ring options together. 
"

Does this mean that it won't hit the lows as well as it would without the I Heat Ring? And then what does the Internal Lead do? The rest I understand! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.