Did a 138.0 today with single 12"

REDz28
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
Ok so I got my maro metered today with just my American bass VFL Exterme 12" wired to 4ohms on my soundstream xxx6500d was seeing roughly 1400-1600 I'd say. Box is about 2.5ish cubic feet with a port tuned to 34hz, I was able to hit 138 flat I was kinda disappointed but thought about it and for the first time being metered it wasn't truly that bad. Car was sealed and mic on dash. Port faciing up sub facing up. What do you guys think? Any adivce on possibly new set up for better scores? I'll be getting 2 SSA Zcons in a week waiting for SSA to switch manufactures so I can get the recline kit needed.

This was on music 6' 7' hate lil Wayne but Gota say that song hammers out them notes. Test tones didn't get me to far though but that's probably cause I was ****** with the setting while the tones played and you guys think that's a good score? I was honestly disappointed. I really hope my 2 Zcons do a lot better than that. But there box will be facing forward port forward. If my **** hatch wasnt so confusing I'd be able to build a big *** box back there.

So question will I see better number with my port and subs facing forward? Plus the fact that I'll be running around 5000watts lol

Also does anyone know what class I'd be in for idbl and bass boxing? Here's my setup

stock batt upfront and a batcap 4000 in the back, Mid/ highs amp and subamp, then seats folded down with 1 12" subwoofer for now. Soon to be 2 there's a comp on Sunday I'm thinking about going to but don't want to enter if Ill be crushed hahaha

For a hatch, when possible sub and port facing back being close together does better than up in mine. Ideally having sub up port to driver side is best with a 6db increase. Depends on Vehicle. Gotta google and see how well others are doing with various styles

its a start biggest thing to work on is ur box. with a hatch and 1600rms and 1 12 should be in the mid 40s no problem after lil work. we all start somewhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.