running a stock head unit with amp and subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

2ndroundko
10+ year member

Ok I have done a couple installs with aftermarket radios and that's no problem. My question is what do I run the RCAs to and where do i get my remote wire from. The vehicle is a Saturn L300 the reason I want to use the stock unit is it has stock components mids and tweeters and I dont want to mess up the speakers by removing cross over. Can I use my aftermarket head unit and properly control the speakers.

Ok I have done a couple installs with aftermarket radios and that's no problem. My question is what do I run the RCAs to and where do i get my remote wire from. The vehicle is a Saturn L300 the reason I want to use the stock unit is it has stock components mids and tweeters and I dont want to mess up the speakers by removing cross over. Can I use my aftermarket head unit and properly control the speakers.
So you want to use the stock head unit or you aftermarket head unit? lol

For stock unit your RCAs go into a line converter, audio shops and websites have them. Your remote wire will be to be ran from the battery or anything else that has a 12V supply. You will need to install a switch (get at autozone) unless you tap into the cig lighter or something that only works when you turn the key on.

for an aftermarket head unit you could just tap into the speakers power wires before the crossover so you dont have to mess with them. that would work fine

see I WANT to run hu but I'm not sure where the crossovers are in the car
hahaha you have to have a HU, the stock one or an aftermarket?

Im assuming you want to run the aftermarket HU, like i said tap into the power wires before the crossover with your amps power wires. Google where you cars crossovers are

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.