What amp for alpine type r speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sketchup
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
I am going to get a 98' corolla and it has 6 1/2's in front and back (still stock speakers). So I would get type r speakers. I wouldn't mind putting 6x9's in the back in the trunk in a box. I'm not sure what amp I would use for 2 sets of 6 1/2's and the set of 6x9's. Preferably a alpine amp. Whats your thoughts?

Just replace the int speakers with ones the correct size. Don't put 6x9's in a box on top of your rear deck, that's ghetto.

Any 4ch that puts out 40+rms x4 @ 4ohm will do you fine.

It would power them fine and you can get it for 150 new shipped off ebay.

As usual, buy used or open up to diff companies and you can get a better more powerful amp for the same price.

The cadence amp is out of stock. What are your thoughts on the alpine amp >mrp-f300
check out cadence's csa1000.1 amp.... same price as the other cadence amp and will give you alittle more rms than the alpine. you can get it from cadence directly shipped for 99 @ bestaudiodeals.com

Not sure why spent so much brain power on an install with most speaker firing from the back of listener's ears.. I'd say try the front and rear speaker connected to a 4-channel amp. What's the point of 6x9's in a box? You already have a subwoofer, right?

Well, but I still want to see what's the goal of having so many speakers in the rear. If you want to have an SPL vehicle, I guess that's ok. But this is bad for SQ because playing any of those speakers in the rear loud will shift the sound stage to the rear, not to mention all the phase and time alignment issues. Another problem is that a typical amplifier has 4 or 5 channels, not six.

Instead of three sets of so-so speakers, I'd buy one solid set for the front. If you want something with lots of bass, consider HAT Clarus. With 7mm of xmax and FS in the 50s, this speaker is great for bass while still offering very good midrange and treble performance. Cross it at 50Hz-60Hz and use subwoofer to fill the lows. Add rear fill speakers once you have a processor to implement surround sound processing.

ty for the advice, I think ill stick with the 2 sets of 6.5" rather than putting in a 6x9. The clarus speakers are outa my price range. At least the ones I saw online were a little over $500. Being a high school student I don't think I will spend that much on speakers. I wouldn't mind it if I was out high school and college, but one of my goals after schooling and once I have a job is to get myself a nice car and audio for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.