Amp continues blowing fuses while i had a professional installation... Help!

steeldeel33

Okay so here is the deal... I just recently had a 760 watt amp and 12" subs installed in my car. The amp is doing the same thing that it was in my old car which is blowing fuses and when my volume is turned up high, the subs turn off. I know the guys that installed them are really good with subs so could the problem possibly be that my amp is messed up? Please help!

In other words, they're each single 4 ohm subs. How are they wires. I'm guessing they're wired to 2 ohms and the amp is bridged? I know you don't know what that means, but if that's the case, problem found.

So that means that there are 2 wires connected in each sub? Ya that's how its done I believe, wats the problem?
I'd have to see what you have going on to give you a definite of whether or not that's the issue. Or I'd need you to be extremely detailed about every connection between the subs and amp. However, I'm banking that you're subs are wired down to a resistance lower than what the amp is stable at bridged.

look buy a dmm(digital multi meter ) wire your subs up parralel then tell us what the dmm is reading after purchasing one for like less than 30bucks at your local autozone or walmart.. now once thats done you will see if you wired your subs lower than what your amp is stable at

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.