Best 2-Channel amp under $150

srb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am in need of a two channel amp that makes around 180 watts x2@ 2ohms, for (hopefully) less than $150. So far i like the JL audio JX360/2 and the Digital Designs C2c. I am leaning more towards the Digital Designs but I feel there can be better had. I need the best sound quality possible as it will be running my front speakers, and i would prefer to buy new.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have you considered old school?
I have somewhat, but I am a little wary of used, having bought used amps that didn't work or broke soon after in the past. However if i was to go used I think i would prefer old school. How does that PPI compare to the JL or DD?

Those PPI amps have a good reputation for sound and reliability, but theres no telling (besides the seller's word) its working.

If you want new, this Boston Acoustics amp is in your price range, and its new....

BOSTON ACOUSTICS GT-2125

MAKE AN OFFER, AND GET THIS ITEM FOR LESS!

• RMS Power Handling(14.4V):

4 ohms: 125 watts x 2 chan.
  • 2 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.

BOSTON ACOUSTICS GT-2125 600W RMS 2-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER | eBay

Wow that Boston Acoustics looks like a great deal! That's exactly the type of suggestion I was hoping to get when I started this tread thanks a lot! Any more ideas like that?

Precision Power P600.2 (p6002) 2-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

$159 shipped

This one provides more power than you think you need, but headroom is always good. Also the amp that does the rated power at 14.4V, does only about 75% of rated power on 12V. Something that's rated for only 200watts, assuming it does that much at 14.4V, will provide less wattage with normal voltage, so a little extra power should not hurt.

2 x 300watts at 2ohms.

1 x 600 watts at 4ohms in bridged mode.

Very nice little amp. I have the 4-channel version. It's a class D amplifier, so it's compact and should run cooler and more efficiently than Class A/B amps.

It does look very nice. Do you think it will sound cleaner than the Boston?

In my view, these PPI Phantoms are comparable to Boston GTA gear when it comes to the quality of execution. Boston GT series are a bit higher grade amplifiers. They measure very clean, and I believe some of them are or were made in Italy. Should this really matter though? I was assuming such power would be used for subwoofers or dedicated midbass.

In my view, these PPI Phantoms are comparable to Boston GTA gear when it comes to the quality of execution. Boston GT series are a bit higher grade amplifiers. They measure very clean, and I believe some of them are or were made in Italy. Should this really matter though? I was assuming such power would be used for subwoofers or dedicated midbass.
No I want to use it to run a set of component speakers.

Have you taken a look at any of the Sounstream Rubicons, or Lilwonders yet? Nice amps, and specs look great.Reliable amps also,built like tanks for the money

This will make u go boom - AUDIOBAHN A4002J CLASS AB 2-CHANNEL 500W RMS CAR STEREO POWER MOSFET AMPLIFIER | eBay
The chrome is free and its comes with a digital volt meter built in..
The new Audiobahn amps are not USA made like the ones I have left.They are not well made as they used to be.I dont recommend buying theyre products anymore.Just my knowledge,and experience of the maker,and have used.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.