Orion HCCA in a sealed box, Box/Wire terminals question

mac208x
10+ year member

I got a simple question, im about to purchase an orion hcca from someone in a sealed box, and i asked him why there is no wire terminals on the box and just a straight up hole and he told me that if u putt a wire terminal on the box, the sub is gonna rip the wires out, damage the sub and shoot out the terminal. Is that true?

You can put a terminal in on your own. Not that hard. Just buy one that screws in...cut a whole big enough for it to sit in..then screw it down and it is done.

OK ill see what i can doo, but cutting a hole in a 4" thick wall doesnt rlly sound exciting lol. Thanks guys :p
The box is 4" thick?

And it is not sealed if it has a hole in it. Just purchase a speaker terminal from Radio Shack, use a jig saw and cut the square, put some silicone on the terminal edge, push it in, then screw it down with 4 screws. With the right silicone, or glue, it will be one with the box. I really doubt you will even be able to get it out. without cutting the box.

Lastly, what are you powering it with? If you dont have around 2000 RMS to put on it, I would recommend having a ported box built. I say this because the HCCAs take a whole bunch of power to show potential. A ported box could compensate any power insufficiency.

P.S. I had one sealed.

I got a simple question, im about to purchase an orion hcca from someone in a sealed box, and i asked him why there is no wire terminals on the box and just a straight up hole and he told me that if u putt a wire terminal on the box, the sub is gonna rip the wires out, damage the sub and shoot out the terminal. Is that true?
thats classic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.