Orion HCCA in a sealed box, Box/Wire terminals question

Some wire terminals can 'shoot out' of the box under the right (or wrong) conditions. Cheaper wire terminals are simply a press-fit design, as in you cut the hole a certain size, and then the terminal simply is forced into the hole. They usually have ridges intended to bite into the wood to keep it in place, but a powerful sub system could simply push the terminal out. A better design are the terminals which screw into the wood, as this avoids that possible problem.

Many wire terminals are also not very air tight, and once the enclosure pressurizes, air can leak through them. That's usually not a huge issue, and most higher quality terminals are sufficiently air tight... but some people get pretty picky about such things. Its pretty much a personal judgment call on what you like or dont like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.