Sign in to follow this  
JBar1976

Which way to fire subs

I am wondering which way is best to face subs, front firing or rear firing. I have a Infiniti G35 sedan with 2 12" Orion NT(old school) 4ohm svc powered by a JL 1000/1. I have them facing forward in a sealed enclosure, about 1.1 cu ft. At lower volumes it sounds clean, but when turned up I can't tell if the subs are popping or if everything in the rear deck & back are rattling. I have everything that is not wrapped in leather completely Dynamated. I am upgrading to JL 12w6v2 soon. I am interested in loud & tight bass, but am also looking for best sq possible. New subs will be in sealed enclosure built to spec, I have no interest in large ported enclosure. I hope i have included all info for some good suggestions, I look forward to opinions on both options, but would like to have a little background as to why a certain setup will work better than the other.

I would fire them towards the hatch/trunk lid.

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrpep
      I just bought a used w7 in a ported box that actually sounds pretty good. Thing is it’s a bit punchy for my taste. The box is 14x15x17 and the port is maybe 2”. I usually like 2 c/ft for a 12 at about 32 to 34 hz so I’m thinking that either a longer box like 28” with a larger port maybe 3” might bring that less punchy and more soft deep bass I’m looking for. Can someone design one for me? My capabilities are 14w x15h x40 deep - please help, thanks - also, does this forum work on tapatalk 
    • By TEXASSILVER
      I am parting out the system in my 2017 Chevy Silverado with BOSE. I have two JL Audio Amps and a TWK D8. I have multiple listings and will bundle discount. 
      XD300/1v2 Used for 9 months, running a JL Audio 10TW1 in Chevy Console Stealthbox, Retail $339.99, Requesting $175
      XD600/6v2 Brand New, never Used. Was taken out of the box, measured and put back in, never hooked up. Retail $559.99, Requesting $275
      JL Audio TWK-D8. Never used. Was taken out of the box, measured and put back in, never hooked up. Retail $379.99, Requesting $150

• By Just Bump It
      Ok, so first off,I am new. Here's what I got.
      2 JL Audio W3 15s. (15w3d4) in sealed box. 1.91 cubic ft/chamber
      1 Power Acoustik Bamf 2000 Mono
      8 Gauge from battery to amp.

This was my starter system, and it just isnt enough!
      I really wanted to go with one Orion HCCA 12.4.. I could get one for 300. But then I realized with the 4 ohm coils, how in the world could I get this thing 2000 watts??

My second option would be an mtx 9500 but, a lot of people say these really do kind of suck

My 3rd option was 2 RE SE 12s in a ported box. Anyone think this is good? Also? could you recommend an amp? I want more bump, and I'm on about a 600 dollar budget. Help!
    • By ballinizme
      I really want a single 13'' setup, since I heard my friend's single JL 13W3 in his suburban. Will the Focal compare or be better? and I currently have two kenwood w2511 in a ported box running on a Planet Audio 650.1. What would you recomend?