6 1/2" to 6 3/4" mounting?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kangaroux
5,000+ posts

I put on
Maine
My suv has a 6 3/4" mounting hole, however, most of the speakers that I look at are 6 1/2". Is there some sort of mounting bracket to get the 6 1/2's in my door?

Also, what would be some inexpensive coaxials that will sound good (

You could make new spacers out of MDF or cutting board material and just drill new holes for the 6.5s- I dunno how much window clearance you have but if you go this route you can ensure you have enough to clear your massive new magnets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif All subarus need this done as we have shallow doors.

Have you checked crutchfield? I dunno if you want to avoid the plastic adapters they recommend... The ones they say will fit my car only have 2 of 3 screwholes lining up. :/

I have some 3/4" MDF left over from when I cut out the circles for my 8". I'm wondering if 3/4" will be too thick for it.

I'd say like 5/6s of the spacers we subaru people use are 3/4. Sometimes we have to eat away some of the plastic in the grill area of the door panel to get them to fit- but tis necessary to put in decent speakers. Do you know how much window clearance you have? people post it on forums... if you have plenty you could just get some 1/2" or thereabouts. of course it depends on how deep your speakers are though.

I'll do some looking. not busy atm.

edit: gotta run couldn't find anything yet- ask on a pathfinder forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If your amp is 2 ohm stable you can look at Infinity Kappa's. They are pretty bright if that is what you like. I have some 63.9's that I like pretty well. I also have a set of old 6x9's that had some decent midbass but i can't vouche for the 6.5's since I never amped them. They do play clean. I don't know what music you listen to, but mine are a little flat sounding on rock (harder stuff ie slipnot, disturbed, nonpoint) but are absolutly amazing (for what they are) to my ears with country(especially female vocals and they really like some of the deeper bass tones country uses) running off the HU.

You might able to find a better set for the same $$ in the classified section if you are willing to get a used set (some stuff advertised is BNIB still)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.