Sign in to follow this  
MRLEFTFIELD

Whats louder?

So, I am currently running (2) 8 series Alphasonic subs wired to 2 ohms only getting 325 wrms to each sub from a MB quart dsc 1500.1 mono amp.

Each sub is 800wrms so I am barely pushing there limits!!!

I think one of the subs are malfunctioning cuz it sounds more distorted than the other.

So, I was debating on getting another 10" alphasonik 8 series or just run the good 1 @ 750wrms alone.

My question is: will it be louder to push 1 @ 750wrms or to replace the one that blew and push 325wrms to each sub????

Or just get a 12 or 15 inch 2ohm dvc sub and run it @ 1ohm?

Thanks in advance to any and all helpful replies!

P.S. Somebody help I need more BASSS!

check your wiring if you have the psw810e they are dual 4 ohm should not be seeing 2ohm you could only have 16,4or 1ohm

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101

sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou

Trade with cf2004

I vote get one good 15 and run it on your 1500 rms and call it a day.

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: CDT CL-51 Component Set

FRONT STAGE AMP: MA Audio HK-398

SUB: 2 12 inch Lightning Audio Storm X1s in 4 cubes tuned to 32hz

SUB AMP: MTX 81000d at 0.8 ohms

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire, Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0

check your wiring if you have the psw810e they are dual 4 ohm should not be seeing 2ohm you could only have 16,4or 1ohm

Are you talking both together? If not, a 4 ohm dvc could be wired to 2 or 8.....

I vote get one good 15 and run it on your 1500 rms and call it a day.

I agree.

HU - Kenwood KDC-HD545u

Front Stage - Stock

Amp -

Rear Stage - Stock

Amp -

Sub - HDC318 6cuft tuned to 35

Amp - Audiopipe 1500d

MY BUILD LOG - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/526429-02-tahoe-aq-build.html

The wiring is right. I jus took the sub out and it seems like the aluminum (i think its aluminum) neat sink around the magnet is loose maybe this is why it sounds distorted? gonna tighen it and see what good!

And I have the psw810J.

Are you talking both together? If not, a 4 ohm dvc could be wired to 2 or 8.....

I agree.

They are 2 OHM DVC. 2x2ohmdvc=2 my best option

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By caraudiooutlet
      I have been doing retail for 18 Years now i set up a site for our company to make extra money off internet sales. What we do is sell a memberships for less then $20. Then we let the customer order his system for his car at our dealer pricing. It saves the customer a bundle and we are reaching out to customers we normally would never have. I just wanted opionions on this do you think it will work? Is it a good idea?
    • By RomoJr7
      im just going to list what i have, and you guys can leave any comments, suggestions, tips etc u want.

i have a 04 dodge ram 1500, now for audio stuff....i have all new speakers n tweeters, a kenwood KDC-MP342U headunit, Kenwood KAC-8105D 1000w amp, 1 alpine type r 10", and a ported box.

alright, now i like what i have, but i have always wanted a system that would rattle my truck and be loud enough to make other cars around me shake a bit lol. but i know that cant happen with what i have. i have read a lot that the sub i have needs a lot of power, but it seems to not be getting enoigh still. i dont have much room in my truck, but i want to get another type r 10 so i have 2, and get a bigger box for them. do you think this will help improve the sound of my system. oh and i know i will need a new amp. but thats not a problem right now. thanks for any help
    • By TenguC
      Recently I bought a pair of Polk Audio DXI 460P Speakers for my doors and a pair of Kenwood KFC-6993PS speakers for my back. The door speakers can handle 50 Watts RMS and the back speakers can handle 120 Watts RMS. I am looking for an Amplifier to power them.

I have come up with a few different Amps that I am considering.

1. (My first choice) An MB Quart Discus amp that is going for 83.47 on Amazon.
      Amazon.com: MB Quart Discus DSC450 200 Watt A/B Class 4-Channel…
      I have heard MB Quart makes good Amplifiers and this seems to suit my needs, but I have also heard some bad things about Mb Quart as well.

2. A Refurbished Rockford Fosgate R300-4 that is going for 114.95. It can produce 50 watts RMS to four channels at 4 ohms.
      Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 300 Watt Multi Channel Amplifier: Electronics

3. A Kicker 08ZX200.4 amp for 99.99 with free shipping on Crutchfield. It can only produce 35 watts RMS.
      Kicker 08ZX200.4 4-channel car amplifier — 35 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

4. (My absolute last choice due to price.) An Alpine MRP-F300. It can do 50 watts to all four channels but will also cost me the most money.
      Amazon.com: Alpine MRP-F300 - Amplifier - V-Power - 4-channel: Automotive

I am almost broke from this audio adventure and the Amp is the last thing I am buying for now. Out of those can you please tell me which is the best and worth the money?
    • By MustangBoy23
      I have 2 10" Audio Art subwoofers that say 30oz. and 4 ohms. on the back. I have Googled them for hours and can't find anything. Can anyone give me some info? Ex. max watts. Thanks
    • By fair_bear
      Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me....

i have a pioneer ts-w308 D4 12" sub runnin at 2 ohms.
      My amp at 2 ohms only pushes out 265 wrms and at 1 ohm pushes out 500 wrms

i want to either change the sub to a ts-w308 D2(to run at 1 ohm) or add a 2nd ts-w308 D4(bringing both the subs to 2 ohms then bridging them to run at 1 ohm)

please advise me on which would be a better option and how much louder would it be to run 1 1ohm sub instead of two 2ohm subs..

TS-W308 D4/D2 (450wrms subs)

thnx alot excuse my english and my questions for i am a noob at this:confused: