Wanting more...

Participant count
  • Participant list

sackamous
10+ year member

I currently have 4 re sr 12" subs, they are loud but not really impressively loud. I thought 4 sealed subs wold beat wAy harder than they do. They are hooked to a vlx 2de so they are getting about 150 watts a piece over spec. So I'm wandering if two sxx ported in 2ft^3 a piece would out jam the 4sr's. They rated at 1000rms would 900wAtts a piece be enough? Are they good subs?

i think the cone area will win and you will be louder with wat you got, being your using same power and less subs. Maybe looking in to higher powered subs and bigger amp

Stay away from the new re subs, definitely not worth the price tag. But I'd go potted if you want some more output, 900 watts a piece for 2 subs should pound potted. I'd try some audioque audioque sd2.5 subs for about 150 a piece.

Quick thought been doing some reading, would a lack of bracing in the box cause me a lack of output? Don't rember the exact numbers but it's 12" high around 16" deep and door to door wide under the back seat of a Titan. Small notch for the hump and a center divider. Here is a pic to give an idea.

5a36c1bc.jpg

Now that I look at it, it's prob deeper than 16" I don't rember the exact numbers.

Might be tough to do potted with no room on the front or sides, but if you can, then I would 2 of those audioques, and tune it to about 33-35 hz. Or if you keep it sealed, I have some great home audio drivers that would fit the bill. Only 125 shipped brand new. I'm running 6 in my car and have some real heavy output, let me know if your interested

Sorry, all my "potted" should read ported. Stupid auto correct.

To answer your other question, yes bracing will add a tad to output, most won't be noticeable with that set up. Maybe brace top to bottom if you can, but don't stress it too much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.