Zachfeen's 04 focus hatch build

stangman67
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Seattle
Here we go again, this is my attempt at a loudish daily setup. I've been working on this for awhile, should be done by next weekend as long as my box panels get here from mike by the end of the week.

Already done- Run of pos/neg Knu 1/0

Big 3 done in knu 1/0

Deadened hatch

Jvc highs amp

peerless mids/dayton tweets/robot underground xovers

Substage

Solid f2500

4 sa-8's in 2.5 at 35hz

Cheap ebay agm until I can afford some xs batts

I know you all love guts so here ya go.

DSCN2171.jpg

DSCN2169.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

Pics of the car/wiring to come tomorrow

Cheapie sds 6.5's. This component setup was an experiment so see what kind of sound I could get for 100 bucks (amp/drivers/xovers) and I am extremely impressed with how it turned out. I will eventually put some ID ctx65's in, but these do the job for jow.

A alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif around 3k at .5 ohm (after I get the xs batts). For now I will have it tuned to put about 400 to each

Cheapie sds 6.5's. This component setup was an experiment so see what kind of sound I could get for 100 bucks (amp/drivers/xovers) and I am extremely impressed with how it turned out. I will eventually put some ID ctx65's in, but these do the job for jow.
can u get the sds to give any kind of mid bass? i kinda did the same thing, spent around $100 and they were cheap so it worked. i love my tweeters but those things have like 0 bass, but my install probably *****

Looks good, I sat in your car at the Lincoln City meca comp and it was loud with just 2 8's(I had the red Chevy with the Type R's) Good luck on the new build, looks loud.

Yup yup I remember you. This should be a bit louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif And cruzer, the midbass is decent but the simple fact is these drivers are not designed to work in an ib setup. They would work well in a small ported setup. For the price I cannot complain though.

We'll have to see if we can get some kind of meet/meter session going on up here in Wa, then you oregon guys can make the drive up. I'll be itching to meter when this is all in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.