SPL is overrated

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
I think SPL is overrated, especially when you get up at that 50+ hz range. I like low bass. I don't understand why people want to get loud at high bass frequencies. It doesn't impress me. It seems pointless to me why you would want a system that doesn't sound good on music... I get competition and all but it just doesn't mean too much. I like to feel the bass.

alot of people love to tune low and put up good numbers. i find alot of guys that have single substages will tune on the higher side(burp boxs) and put up crazy numbers. not to start something here i see that alot with sundown subs.

I think SPL is overrated, especially when you get up at that 50+ hz range. I like low bass. I don't understand why people want to get loud at high bass frequencies. It doesn't impress me. It seems pointless to me why you would want a system that doesn't sound good on music... I get competition and all but it just doesn't mean too much. I like to feel the bass.
Shaking the vehicle at its resonant freq can be a lot of fun. But I agree Im into musical systems.

If the goal of the competition is to put up the highest number, then why not tune high if it works well in your vehicle? And most people who are serious either have two separate boxes, or two separate vehicles in order to keep something nice for daily....or a port plug/longer aeros.

agreed, low and loud is much harder.

but for comps, I get it, all out balls to the wall loud! screw sq or anything close to music. but for daily beaters, musical ftw

If the goal of the competition is to put up the highest number, then why not tune high if it works well in your vehicle? And most people who are serious either have two separate boxes, or two separate vehicles in order to keep something nice for daily....or a port plug/longer aeros.
Interchangeable ports ftw.

Ya I get trying to be as loud as possible part. This just might be me, but being loud at high frequencies is easier and it seems like everybody is doing it. But I understand, winning is winning. I think they should make a class where you can only burp at 35 hz or lower. Now that would be some fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I think they should make a class where you can only burp at 35 hz or lower. Now that would be some fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Some orgs have frequency based classes, like 20-29hz, 30-39hz, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.