SPL is overrated

Tuning and frequency response is all dependent on the T/S of the sub. I dont go to competitions to win first place usually, I go to have a good time. I will agree that most people only respect numbers. I put up 143 at like 30hz and everybody was like "Derr my tahoe did 148 " (at like 48hz mind you) I like being musical too so until I get a smaller sub thats a little more db drag friendly I will keep my low tuning

All depends on what you are trying to accomplish. All perspective.
I personally prefer a flat response that can dig low' date=' and also extend past 60hz.[/quote']

yeah to this. i know you have box skills. i need some help, if you dont mind. And ti the topic, i agree that burping uber high is kinda odd. but i mean i gues if that how you wanna spend ur money, go for it. id much rather hit 145 at 30hz then 150 at like 60 :p

I play 151's all day on music(best from 38-42hz but can still break 150 up to over 50hz.), then I swap my port out for my spl port and murder people at my resonant. Am I fail or win? I cannot tell from this thread.

I play 151's all day on music(best from 38-42hz but can still break 150 up to over 50hz.), then I swap my port out for my spl port and murder people at my resonant. Am I fail or win? I cannot tell from this thread.
i would say a weener :p

Ya'll should look into dB Drag's newest class called Psychlone. 30sec on music at whatever frequency you want but you get bonus points for every frequency below 80hz. Basically a 180 @ 79hz = a score of 181. A 150 @ 40hz = a score of 190. It encourages guys to build loud low end monsters.

156s @ 26hz

Ya'll should look into dB Drag's newest class called Psychlone. 30sec on music at whatever frequency you want but you get bonus points for every frequency below 80hz. Basically a 180 @ 79hz = a score of 181. A 150 @ 40hz = a score of 190. It encourages guys to build loud low end monsters.
156s @ 26hz

Whats a good score?

And how much music is really below 35hz? I mean come on... Eminem-go to sleep is something like 53hz, and imo is loud in a nice system

If the goal of the competition is to put up the highest number, then why not tune high if it works well in your vehicle? And most people who are serious either have two separate boxes, or two separate vehicles in order to keep something nice for daily....or a port plug/longer aeros.
I do.... I just swapped my tline for my spl box. last week. I am going to this... CAE Show n Shine, 9/18! - Events - Car Audio and Electronics tmw. BUT. I might not get to compete. I took the car to the car wash and some how water dripped on one of my amps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I ordered a new one. If it is not here by tmw noon, then I cant compete in spl. and my front stage isnt done yet for sql. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Under construction.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.