Continuous power

Participant count
  • Participant list

Therug15

Hi there, I am in need of some help please. I have just installed a CD head deck into my 1987 Mazda 323 Familia and it seemed to go well – everything was working as it should when I initially tested the stereo after wiring it in.

But after I put the dash back together and tried to turn the stereo on – nothing. No power.

I pulled it out again and the first thing that I notice is that there is no longer any continuous power from the batter. The ignition power still works when tested with the test light, but not the battery power (i.e. when the ignition is off).

I have also noticed that the door lights that come one when a door is open no longer work… It would seem that I have blown something.

All fuses seem fine both under dash and under the hood. Any suggestions what I should be looking for?

Thanks

it if most likely a fuse. How did you check the fuses? you can not just visually check them you will need to use a either a dmm or a fuse checker. the fuse you should be lookinf for most of the time is under the hood.

Thanks, I use a test light to check the fuses. ive checked the few fuses under the hood but will take another look to see if there are some others hidden away from the main fuse box. Cheers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.