700 horsepower mustang gets 21" Death Penalty Sub

MECHMAN
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This is project car we've been working on for a while. We have made a series of videos showing various elements of the build, we will post up a new video each day showing the progress in real time. We have to have this system playable by Saturday, so we've been working until the wee hours of the morning every day! Stay tuned as we will be posting a new update each day.

Here are the Stats:

92 Mustang

383ci Windsor based engine

75mm T6 Turbo

Produces over 700 rwhp

As of this weekend the system will include:

21" Incriminator Death Penalty Sub

(2) Kicker ZX 2500.1 amps (modded to run at 16.5 volts)

(2) XS power D1400 14 volt batteries

MechMan 270 amp alternator

MTX 6.5" Components

Box specs:

Fiberglass & Birch Ply

8 cft

Twin 8" fluted square ports for 128 inches of port area

Sub facing up in the hatch, ports firing forward

Port length to be determined...

Burnout video for fun:

YouTube - Turbo Mustang burnout

EPISODE 1

YouTube - Hot Rod Mustang Gets Sweet New Sound System Installed (Part 1)

EPISODE 2

YouTube - Hot Rod Mustang Gets Sweet New Sound System Installed (Part 2)

EPISODE 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlJvCRGVak&playnext_from=TL&videos=0Zmyg1i4y3s&feature=feedu

Last edited by a moderator:
few things.. first vid you said one amp.. second vid you have two amps..

why they want to waste money to make it go fast then more to make it go slow? if they wanted to make it loud add some glass packs to the exhaust..

few things.. first vid you said one amp.. second vid you have two amps..
why they want to waste money to make it go fast then more to make it go slow? if they wanted to make it loud add some glass packs to the exhaust..
stick to sandwiches and leave the car talk to the big boys

oh big boy lets see your car... oh.. already did.. you had 1200 watts.. so..
haha. shouldn't have said that

you're telling me mechman shouldn't be doing this project to promote their product? you obviously don't see the appeal of "best of both worlds." have you ever been in a fast car? yeah maybe a civic with some fat friend sitting down in the back seat. bet even that car wasn't noticeably slower. you don't have any fat friends? then it's probably you.

that's ~400 pounds of stereo equipment (i'm guestimating here.. feel free to check my math) to over 700 horsepower. i think those horsies are still going to do what the owner wants them to do regardless of what is in the back. he's gonna have some badass tunes to listen to while melting tires

i don't see how my wattage has anything to do with my knowledge of cars.. but i see how your years of autoerotic asphyxiation has clouded your judgement. like i said, leave the car talk to the big boys

haha. shouldn't have said that
you're telling me mechman shouldn't be doing this project to promote their product? you obviously don't see the appeal of "best of both worlds." have you ever been in a fast car? yeah maybe a civic with some fat friend sitting down in the back seat. bet even that car wasn't noticeably slower. you don't have any fat friends? then it's probably you.

that's ~400 pounds of stereo equipment (i'm guestimating here.. feel free to check my math) to over 700 horsepower. i think those horsies are still going to do what the owner wants them to do regardless of what is in the back. he's gonna have some badass tunes to listen to while melting tires

i don't see how my wattage has anything to do with my knowledge of cars.. but i see how your years of autoerotic asphyxiation has clouded your judgement. like i said, leave the car talk to the big boys
its not just how much its where.. all the weight in the back will throw the balance way off.. most of us don't car as we are trying to go fast.. not to say it had the best handling anyways its a mustang but still..

and when you are trying to not sound like a 5 yr old its good to keep the retard lingo down.. besides you are younger than me retard

its not just how much its where.. all the weight in the back will throw the balance way off.. most of us don't car as we are trying to go fast.. not to say it had the best handling anyways its a mustang but still..
your edit cause it's hard for you to talk ****

and when you are trying to not sound like a 5 yr old its good to keep the retard lingo down.. besides you are younger than me retard
and you're living proof age does not = wisdom. if he was going for easy and perfect weight distribution he wouldn't have a fox body. they are street cars and they handle fine for what they are. if he wanted to put all that work into a perfect 50/50 distribution with a fox body he wouldn't have a hatchback.

you're angry because you don't understand the things i say. i said you whacked off with a noose around your neck and went into a coma. when you came to you weren't as sharp as you were before. people are allowed to be slow without being retarded

i'll be looking for updates soon so hurry! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and you're living proof age does not = wisdom. if he was going for easy and perfect weight distribution he wouldn't have a fox body. they are street cars and they handle fine for what they are. if he wanted to put all that work into a perfect 50/50 distribution with a fox body he wouldn't have a hatchback.
you're angry because you don't understand the things i say. i said you whacked off with a noose around your neck and went into a coma. when you came to you weren't as sharp as you were before. people are allowed to be slow without being retarded

i'll be looking for updates soon so hurry! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I understand everything you say and that you have some homoerotic desires to whack it with a noose and you are projecting you behaviors on others to cover up for your own weird actions. and it doesn't need to be perfect but adding all that weight to the back will throw it even more out of proportion.

and wisdom is what you bring up.. let me know when you can figure out what mdf is instead of particle board.. blame the guy at menards.. but you saw it before you paid...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.