700 horsepower mustang gets 21" Death Penalty Sub

Uh what? The extra weight in the rear over the rear tires will allow the tires to hook up better.
Game over.

Right? So many people on here ***** at each other in other people's thread about the dumbest ****, just wasting space.

Nice build, not too many people can go drag racing then drive to a stereo contest. You won't have to add counterweight in the back now haha.

that box is gonna flex like a *****. a single layer of wood and some pvc thats not even a whole piece isnt gonna cut it for a 60 pound sub that you are about to throw 5k watts at. you should have at least made a double baffle birch or not.

that box is gonna flex like a *****. a single layer of wood and some pvc thats not even a whole piece isnt gonna cut it for a 60 pound sub that you are about to throw 5k watts at. you should have at least made a double baffle birch or not.
You do realize the port walls support half of the baffle as well. As basebalz stated also, he'll be just fine. Matthew knows what hes doing

I am going to do a flush mount trim plate, but just for looks, not because it needs the strength.

I just played it with the car turned off. (no alternator) I tried playing some Jeezy on a CD, but it would just skip at about half volume. I plugged in my Iphone and played "Put On" and the fluorescent lights in my shop started shorting out and flickering from the Vibration. Still needs a little tweeking but we think its definitely breaking 150 db. I would have made a vid, but I had to use my phone to play the song, LOL. I will post one up tomorrow.

We were planning to use a warden originally, but it was brought to my attention that the gap is probably a little tight to play music on one for extended periods. The first vid was shot before we made the change.
5,000 watts should be fine for very short demos and burps. Input voltage and gains will be kept very low so that nothing has to be overstressed. Just because we have that much power available doesn't mean we have to use it all the time.

Originally we were going to run one large amp, but it wasn't available in time to make the show. These videos where shot across a two week period, and sometimes plans have to change to accommodate conditions.

The car already runs mid 10's on DOT approved tires, and is easily capable of 9's on race gas. In order to meet the minimum weight requirements for some local racing classes, and to run conventional street tire shootouts, we would have to put at least 200 lbs of ballast into the back of the car anyway. Basically we opted to install a functional audio system, instead of bolting steel weights in the rear bumper. It's a stock style suspension drag car setup for radials, not a road race car. We want as much of the weight in the rear as possible.

Here's a video of it on street tires against a 2003 Supercharged Cobra. It has 220 lbs of ballast in the back. No transbrake, rolling off the line just above idle:

YouTube - 2003 Cobra Terminator vs. Turbo foxbody

...and it's already an open 4" downpipe, so the exhaust note isn't going to get any louder. Maybe you might put glasspacks on your sweet ride, but around here glasspacks are reserved for flatbed farm trucks and redneck '79 transams.
I dont know if this has been adressed in the 2 pagesi havnt read but this is definitely not true.

I am going to do a flush mount trim plate, but just for looks, not because it needs the strength.
I just played it with the car turned off. (no alternator) I tried playing some Jeezy on a CD, but it would just skip at about half volume. I plugged in my Iphone and played "Put On" and the fluorescent lights in my shop started shorting out and flickering from the Vibration. Still needs a little tweeking but we think its definitely breaking 150 db. I would have made a vid, but I had to use my phone to play the song, LOL. I will post one up tomorrow.
can't wait for vids of this. Awesome build and car

I dont know if this has been adressed in the 2 pagesi havnt read but this is definitely not true.
Regarding the choice of the Death Penalty over the Warden-

I easily could have afforded either one. I gave Nick (the owner of Incriminator) my specs and what the general use would be, and he recommended that I go with the Death Penalty. I would think that he, if anyone, would know.

That must be so loud. Sometime you should make another vid outside. And maybe try a hairtrick.

If you peak at 32 hz these songs should slam

Lil' Scrappy - No Problem

Ludacris - How Low

U.S.D.A. - White Girl

Young Jeezy - Soul Survivor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.