tapping into speaker wires for line output converter

jprosser

i am keeping my stock HU and installing a monoblock amp. The headunit in my car is going to be very difficult to remove in order to install the line out converter. But in my trunk you can see the bottom of the 6x9s with some wire that is exposed. I am wondering if it would be safe to just tap these wires and connect the line out converter into the two rear speakers instead of removing the entire headunit?

it sounds possible, but at the same time stupid. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

No, I wouldn't do that.

Think about it this way. If you were buying a car and the guy started saying, 'well i was feeling pretty lazy and decided to just tap into the rear speaker wire instead of popping out the headunit, and well, thats where the static noise is coming from, no biggie, its an easy fix'.

You probably would laugh.

Do it the right way the first time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks, i dont know much about line out converters but i am wondering what the difference is between a 2 channel and 4 channel LOC. And what would i need to connect a single mono block amp? when i remove the head unit does it LOC need to be connected to all of the speakers or can i just use the rear speakers and use the front to back fader to adjust?

thank you again

well hard to say. we installed an LOC in the rear of my friends impala. he had a bose stock amp though that was located in the trunk next to the 6x9's. it worked great. It will work if you tap into the rear speakers as theyre meant to go from those wires anyways

There is a situation when you tap signal at the rear speakers for bass amplifiers

When you have subs in the trunk with the rear speakers, the bass from the subs make the Rear Speaker Cones MOVE; sometimes these cone movement is translated to the signal adapter creating a Oscillation wave in the Audio signal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.