Electrical work for about 8000 watts

Participant count
  • Participant list
P (Watts/power) = I (Current/Amps) x E (volts) so 250 Amps x 14.4v = 3600 Watts assuming 100% efficiency and no other current draws from a 250 amp alt at max capacity (probably not at idle ). Short answer is no //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif even with two of them youre probably still going to miss the mark without a bunch of batteries. Knu Konceptz and Ohio Generator are local to us and may offer a price with a quote and or local pickup. Knukonceptz Alternator Intro Home Its also a good Idea to create a sig so people know what you already have and what vehicle this applies to. Start with your alternators, big three, and a good battery or two then go from there.

can i get by with only 1 250 amp alternator?
As nateberrier stated, mathematically you cannot, but that is assuming that you want to run it full tilt 24/7.

you can compensate for lesser charging by having a larger than needed battery bank.

Ideally (assuming you have an adequate charging system), you would want an amp of battery for every rms watt (so 8k amps). Thus, even three kinetik 2400's wouldnt be enough.

Obviously, you can use one alternator and three kinetik 2400's. but you WILL have voltage drops.

If you want to run one alternator, i would get a healthy battery bank, at least 10k+amps, but ideally you would want at least two alternators and at least 8kamps worth of battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.