well got my new radio today from ebay and.....

michaellane
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tx
well after i won the auction the guy wouldnt respond to any emails i sent him. i got the radio at like 12:45pm today. installed it once i got it and guess what! the cd player wont even play. it took the first Cd like normal but then spit it out. after that i tryed a new Cd and it wont even **** or take the CD's at all. so i just filed my claim with paypal trying to get my money back but they are telling me i would have to pay for return shipping to him. why do i have to spend my money to ship him back something he knew was broke? anyways the auction number is: 300318966682 and his ebay name is : wilerwt HE IS A SCAMMER YOU GUYS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300318966682&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F300318966682%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2773.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D300318966682%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_naf%3D1%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

oh and the radio looks to be in great shape. but i dont know if he even insured the radio or not? in my paypal i sent him a message with my payment saying "do not send my item without insurance. please let me know if you need any more money to insure it."

Man you have the worse luck I tell you.

I bet the orignal owner forgot to ship the CD he first used in the deck for the ESN security lock out.

You are ****ed if you do not get that disc, Eclipse will not help you.

Man you have the worse luck I tell you.

I bet the orignal owner forgot to ship the CD he first used in the deck for the ESN security lock out.

You are ****ed if you do not get that disc, Eclipse will not help you.
no it says sec lock or something to that effect it u need the CD. i had to put my Cd player back in and had it pop up on mine. his radio acted just like normal. paypal seemed to care that it didnt work. they said if he doesnt respond they will gimmie my money back. but this ***** man.

no it says sec lock or something to that effect it u need the CD. i had to put my Cd player back in and had it pop up on mine. his radio acted just like normal. paypal seemed to care that it didnt work. they said if he doesnt respond they will gimmie my money back. but this ***** man.
I've purchased some amps through eBay from private sellers and just pepper them with a zillion questions before pullin' the trigger...but it is true that for the price sometimes you take your chances. So far, so good...either that or I simply purchase from a powerseller who sells all sorts of car audio. Got most of my speakers that way.

Not sure what you ment, But cool deal on paypal refunding you if it goes though.

well from what i understand even if he doesnt have money in his account they will still take the money then he will just be n the negative. and the cd player wasnt locked with a special CD.

well from what i understand even if he doesnt have money in his account they will still take the money then he will just be n the negative. and the cd player wasnt locked with a special CD.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif You think paypal gives a **** about 85$ What makes u different from the other 100 of people who get scammed on here for in excess of 500$ sorry bro but more than likely that money is long gone.. You wont be seeing any of it, UNLESS he still has it in his account

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif You think paypal gives a **** about 85$ What makes u different from the other 100 of people who get scammed on here for in excess of 500$ sorry bro but more than likely that money is long gone.. You wont be seeing any of it, UNLESS he still has it in his account
the rep. told me SINCE it was a ebay auction i am covered 100% for the total purchase price plus shipping. she said if doesnt respond in 4 days to escalate the claim and paypal will gimmie the money. winning off ebay is different than buying stuff off a forum.

its only 85 bucks

dont kill yourself over it, put negative feedback if you must,

and take the deck to a local electronics shop and see if they can fix the cd drive

the rep. told me SINCE it was a ebay auction i am covered 100% for the total purchase price plus shipping. she said if doesnt respond in 4 days to escalate the claim and paypal will gimmie the money. winning off ebay is different than buying stuff off a forum.
thats what i was told too, got ripped off of 500 bucks, they sided with me and he only had 100 bucks in his paypal, i got that and haven't seen the rest of the money.

its only 85 bucksdont kill yourself over it, put negative feedback if you must,

and take the deck to a local electronics shop and see if they can fix the cd drive
is it easy to fix? it wnt even grab the cd's. you can hear the motor buut it won't take the cd.

update: had to make the dispute a claim now since he says he wants me to ship the radio back and after he tests the radio he will issue a refund. i dont want this guy to try to say the radio works and try not to give me my money! so its going to be a claim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

michaellane

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
michaellane
tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date