well got my new radio today from ebay and.....

^^^ thanks man. im sure i will get it back now. i just didnt want him to try to lie and say it worked. so now even if he says it works ill still get my money back regardless. but i know it was broke beofre he sent it because i told him dont ship it without insurance and he just wrapped it in news paper and no insurance and mailed it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok, the rules for sellers on Ebay are different..A close friend of mine has a company which is a power seller on ebay, and I have my own personal account on Ebay and a Premier Verified account on Paypal..

1) My buddy's company always asks the customer to ship the unit back for testing and to make sure that THEY aren't getting scammed--i.e., someone switching their broken items for our good ones, etc..They have 100% positive feedback (I have the same on my account)--which is really hard to do these days--simply because they TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS...No ifs ands or buts..If the unit arrives as it went out(They take pics and videos of every product), and the customer didn't smoke it by incorrect hookup or forcible damage, they get 100% of their money back no questions asked..

2) If the customer ships the unit back and the seller receives it(make sure it is marked "signature confirmation"), and then the seller doesn't refund it, then Paypal WILL pull the $$$ from their account--they don't even care if this causes the seller's account to go negative..

3) Ebay and Paypal are geared toward customer protection these days, so it shouldn't be hard to get your $$ back..Ebay sellers aren't even allowed to leave neg feedback anymore, only positive or nothing!

4) Always make sure you are buying from a reputable seller, and read their return instructions carefully..

thats bs that you cant leave neg. feedback; i tried leaving neg. feedback for the people i got a wiring harness from; it left a nuetral; they have the option but it will be a nueteral feedback.

take a video of it not accepting cd's, show the CD's working somewhere else too. Make sure they are store bought cd's, not burned.

take a video of it not accepting cd's, show the CD's working somewhere else too. Make sure they are store bought cd's, not burned.
ya i told him i did this but honestly i didnt. i know it doesnt work. it may have worked before but when he shipped it like crap it got broken during shipping either way his fault

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif You think paypal gives a **** about 85$ What makes u different from the other 100 of people who get scammed on here for in excess of 500$ sorry bro but more than likely that money is long gone.. You wont be seeing any of it, UNLESS he still has it in his account
luckily now consumer electronics sales on ebay are now being monitored by paypal. paypal holds the funds until proof of delivery (if you upload tracking info to paypal) or until you leave positive feedback. so chances are his funds are still in his account

All you guys saying he won't get any money back from PayPal, have you ever bought anything on eBay?

eBay has buyer protection insurance and when you pay with PayPal that insurance is extended such that you don't have to pay the $25 eBay deductible (they refund your full purchase price but not shipping). So if the claim is found in his favour he will get his money back.

I've only ever had to use eBay protection once and that was back before they had the PayPal extended coverage (PayPal wasn't owned by eBay yet, back then). What I bought on that particular occasion I received the item and it was working but it was not the item described, but a lesser model. eBay found in my favour and it got to the point where eBay was going to send me a cheque for the amount minus the $25 deductible but then the seller finally sent me a refund on his own and I sent him back his stuff and let eBay know so they didn't send the cheque to me.

As a note when PayPal does find in favour of the buyer like this, they will pull the funds from the seller's account. However if the seller has no funds they will just end up with a negative balance. However whether or not the seller has funds has no bearing on you getting money back from PayPal if we are talking about an eBay auction for an amount that is within what the auction was covered for at the time of purchase. I.e. For this $85 amount, even if PayPal can't get the money from the seller, the buyer is still reimbursed--that's simply how eBay/PayPal protection works.

Edit: Here's a link for more info:

http://pages.ebay.com/paypal/buyer/protection.html

they already froze his account for the amount until it is resolved so im good. i made it a claim and just waiting for his response.

ebay sided with me so once i mail the unit back and give them the tracking number i get ALL of my money back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I bought my hifonics 1610 and it arrived DOA, now i have to ship it back so they can check but i feel sercure with that cuz its a powerseller store. You gotta watch who you buy things from. And look at the price you paid. Thats like a $200 unit isnt it.

Tracking number will not get you paid, it has to show it was delivered too him at the correct address before they will pay. I went through this and mailed an item back and the seller was not there for delivery and would not go get it so I had to fight paypal to get my money back because they said I must have shipped it wrong even though it was a confirmed addressbut i finally talked to some one with paypal who had since and got my 800 dollars back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

michaellane

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
michaellane
tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date