Double din with clear Album Art?

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
Do they exist? I don't want a Pioneer because I don't like the boot up time. Pioneer is the only one I've found with clear album art. Also navigation is a must have. Kenwood and Alpine are my only other options or Eclipse if I go without the artwork. Every Kenwood and Alpine I tried had pixelated blurry artwork when connect to the Ipod. If you google it, you will see that this is a common problem and no one has found a fix yet. I refuse to run JVC or Panasonic so don't suggest them. Can anyone help me? I want an all-in-one unit because I hate the look of portable navi units.

Well i dont think your gonna get great picture quality out of any unit

my Kenwood DNX8120 displays artwork fine, its not high res or anything but it does what it needs.

I dont think you gonna find one with crystal clear ipod picture tags

Okay so you are saying...

No:

Alpine

JVC

Kenwood

Pioneer

Panasonic

You want a clear screen, your only options are Clarion and Eclipse off hand. Good luck...

Which Clarion? I might get the Pioneer, but still hate the boot up time. I just feel the Alpine and Kenwood is too blurry to fool with, which is the reason I might get an Eclipse without album art. Please post some pics of your Kenwood album art. What Eclipse are you referring to because I've never seen one with album art? I'm saying definitely no Jvc or Panasonic!

My Kenwood DNX 8120 is a great head unit for all of my needs. The nav. is hard drive based by Garmin, bluetooth by Parrot and one of the fastest ipod interfaces I've used yet. Album art work is crystal clear as far as I'm concerned. I have a few more pics if you need them, but heres an album art pic.

HU2.jpg

Let me see more pics of different album art with the bigger cover view. I think you can touch the album art and make it bigger. That pic does look pretty clear. I still don't understand why I can't get it that clear?

I don't know how much real research you did, the 8120 is being replaced by the 9100 series if you want nav included right off the bat.

The new 814 has the new interface as well for less(with less features), its basically a much improved interface and picture quality over the 8120 I had.

Maybe do some research on those units.

Jumbo Jet,

I know this post is fairly old, can you tell what Ipod you are using to get the album art to display so clearly. Can you also show more close up pix of the album art.

Koush

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.