bed cut box build by springer.. what ya'll think

springer
10+ year member

This is the first build log post for me so let me know what ya think. i have a 98 chevy ext cab. got tired of walls and half walls so i did a bed cut. very easy i might add with my handy plasma. this is my 4th or 5th build just for the bed cut, so maybe ill be happy with this one. anyways, enjoy.

old boxes and bed cut...

SNC11646.jpg

SNC11648.jpg

SNC11645.jpg

Boating009.jpg

Boating011.jpg

ghetto amp rack (for now)...

SNC12574.jpg

couple of sketch-ups for ideas...

6.jpg

1-1.jpg

does anyone have any good ideas on how to seal or almost seal the box to the inside of the cab since the bed and cab move independently? i want to try not to lose much through the bed and stuff. thanks.

Your bed and cab still are on the same frame. Bed flex really is not an issue. Unless you plan on using full articulation of your suspension and do some major 4 wheeling the flex isn't even noticeable. I'll show you pics how I bolted up my blowthrough with 14gauge steel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.