bed cut box build by springer.. what ya'll think

1-1.jpg

no pictures by bridgett for us?

This is how I went about sealing mine up to be airtight from the cab.

2.jpg

Bent steel with a metal break and angled all the pieces to come together at the corners and bolted it to the cab and the bed. And just foam inbetween that and the box and its good to go... I change the system every other month so them accordian boots became useless to me. All I do now is scrape off the foam and slide another box in.

i think the bed flex depends on your rig. i think if youve flexd the **** out of your rig before the bed will flex easier. but if youve never done that stuff with your truck you'll be fine. sometimes speed bumps, if you go over them at an angle you could get some considerable bed flex. i would hope it wouldnt be enough to tweak somethin though. one day ill probly try out a bed cut though

9 times out of 10, the people that I have done blowthroughs for have never had an issue of bed flex... Like I said.. To totaly fvck something up you'd need to essentialy fully articulate your suspension.. And where some of these people live they dont even drive on dirt roads. Trust me, you will have no noticeable flex to cause any sort of damage.

cool, appreciate the info. if i would have even thought it through, maybe i would have realized it before. my lift kit is so stiff with so little flex, i'm sure it barely moves at all. thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.