enclosure idea for a beretta

keiffith
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Erie, PA
this is and idea i have been thinking about for a while. the original idea was for 2 10" subs, but due to the fact you cant fit 10" subs side by side, that was scratched. the new idea calls for 8" subs(i listen to rock and metal, so reflex is more important anyways) the whole reason behind this idea is to allow the use of my trunk. i realy dont want to put a big enclosure in my trunk. i have seen people cut holes in rear deck, but they dont look to good. i also know its A **** load easier to cut a rectangle than to cut a circle. another bonus of this setup is the box that i make to mount everything to puts more sound into the interior versus if it was in the trunk. i know the amp doesnt belong in the box, i forgot to not put it in. the whole idea is to put the encloser in a hole on the rear deck. the box uses a large bracket that sandwitches the deck inbetween the bracket and the box. the encloser would have the top panel mounted at an angle to not break my rear window.

give you an idea where its going

speakers.jpg

an idea of what it would look like

speakers2.jpg

im not good with photoshop so excuse the bad quality. and thanks for any future advise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ENCLOSURE.

Holy crap.

You spelt it wrong it twice.

And yes, it would work. I guess, I'd just advise you to cover the whole rear deck with grill cloth.

And and cone size does not impact the driver's reflexive speed.

alright, i guess that will be the second purpose of the bracket. ive only seen the word a few times, im a noob to audio speak. im used to calling them "speaker boxes".

but thanks

man the beretta got a nice size trunk. with ur 2 re 8s all ull need is 1-1.5 cubes which is small lol
yeah, thats the other plus of the tiny 8's. The beretta trunk is MASSIVE for its subcompact size.

And and cone size does not impact the driver's reflexive speed.
oh, i just used logic and figured the Bigger the cone the more Inertia it would have, slowing the coil.

but i guess i was wrong.

update. after searching around for a while i thought i would throw out the old idea and post my new one. i would like to use passive radiators, but im not sure if its exactly what i want. i also decided to go with another sub, the RE MX 12, but only one. the only problem i see is my rear glass breaking, are MDF "sheilds" a bad idea?

anyways heres what it would look like

deck.jpg

subsetup1.jpg

alright. would it be a good idea to have both the RE 8's with PR's, just the MX with PR's or both with PR's? and what would solve my potential broken rear glass problem?

You don't want to mix subs. Either do 2 8"s or 1 12". I thought the whole idea you started off with was to have your trunk usable. The 12" is going to require a big box so that would make the MX obsolete. Just seal the 2 8s and be done.

alright, im new to car audio so im not sure what kind of wattage you need to put out just to break glass. what about the PR's? Is it a good idea? i listen to a wide range of music, so i figured it would be a better idea to use PR's than ports due to the space restraints, but are PR's good for a wide range unlike ported?

You don't want to mix subs. Either do 2 8"s or 1 12". I thought the whole idea you started off with was to have your trunk usable. The 12" is going to require a big box so that would make the MX obsolete. Just seal the 2 8s and be done.
it only requires 1 CF and i can make the box wide.... is it just not a good idea to mix and match subs?

It's very unlikely anyone would break glass with subwoofers. It's been done, but those are extreme spl vehicle with lots of woofers, a shitload of power, and designed to hold the air pressure inside. I doubt anyone on this forum has broken glass with their subs and there are some loud vehicles here.

Someone else can explain passive radiators, or you can search the topic on your own.

it only requires 1 CF and i can make the box wide.... is it just not a good idea to mix and match subs?
Search "cancellation".

It's very unlikely anyone would break glass with subwoofers. It's done but those are extreme spl vehicle with lots of woofers and a shitload of power and designed to hold the air pressure inside. I doubt anyone on this forum has broken glass with their subs and there are some loud vehicles here.
Someone else can explain passive radiators.
alright thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.