enclosure idea for a beretta

It's very unlikely anyone would break glass with subwoofers. It's been done, but those are extreme spl vehicle with lots of woofers, a shitload of power, and designed to hold the air pressure inside. I doubt anyone on this forum has broken glass with their subs and there are some loud vehicles here.
Someone else can explain passive radiators, or you can search the topic on your own.

Search "cancellation".
I disagree

only had 3600 rms @ the time....

alright, im new to car audio so im not sure what kind of wattage you need to put out just to break glass. what about the PR's? Is it a good idea? i listen to a wide range of music, so i figured it would be a better idea to use PR's than ports due to the space restraints, but are PR's good for a wide range unlike ported?
its a terrible idea btw

if you get a correctly tuned box you will be able to listen to whatever you want.

hell, even with aeroports you can adjust your tuning by plugging one or more of them.....

its a terrible idea btw
if you get a correctly tuned box you will be able to listen to whatever you want.

hell, even with aeroports you can adjust your tuning by plugging one or more of them.....
no room for ported, its sealed or PR'ed

well lets see.....
hmmmm

passive radiator needs to have twice the displacement of the subwoofer iirc....

the mx would rip those 8's apart.
so 2 15's would work right? the RE8's would get 1 15 each

ill get more specific dimensions after school but its roughly a 1'x1'x?[whatever makes the box 1 cubic foot] with 2 10"x10"x?[whatever makes the box .35 cubic foot] boxes attached to the side. i dont know why no one has taken advantage of the PR's potential. i guess ill be a first. as long as the PR's can take the power, ill be good. its obvious that they are used in high SQ applications due to the fact they are used in home theater audio, and have a higher range than a ported enclosure, on top of the fact you get close to 2x the sound without adding anything except a gutted speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.