Electrical needs

Participant count
  • Participant list

soldiermedic
10+ year member

Noob4Life
I'm running 440 RMS to my components via a RF 4-channel amp, and already am drawing power from my alternator that brings voltage to around 12v. I plan on adding a mono amp for a single 10 running in between 300-400 RMS. I build for SQ, and this is my first setup where I have done a double amp setup (my last single amp was to a 10" sub at 200 rms and I didn't play any music you can hear more than 50 feet away). How can I solve this issue before I install anything else? Basically, I need to pull about 800-1000 watts continuously, which I don't think is a lot. The current vehicle is a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS

in charge? maybe .2

its more for current flow. its like if you have that 4awg power and ground for your amps but only a 12awg from alt to batt then you just cant put as much power into the batt as you can take out of it. so if you do the big 3 itll help with the flow of current, charge your batt better. thatll lead to less voltage drops. so while your idle charge might look the same, your voltage under load wont drop as far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.