Should I kill the wife or get a new amp ?

Boris
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SWFL
Long story short,.....

last weekend the wife was packing up some beach chairs (aluminum frame) into the trunk.

For reasons unknown to me, since the last chair wouldn't quite go in she decided to force the issue resulting in a weird sound from the rear speakers followed by complete silence.

Yep, she shorted out one of the rear speakers.

This morning I fixed the wires and wanted to replace what I thought would be a blown fuse but all fuses are good.

The amp (USAmps IS-4085) is getting power, all fuses are good but the power indicator lights are out.

Since I haven't opened the amp as yet in search of an internal fuse (I hope there is one), what are my options ?

Get the amp repaired ?

Look for a new amp ?

Kill the wife and enjoy my stay at a federal facility ?

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving.

you'll go to a state facility for killing your wife dumbass. sounds like maybe you're the idiot that screwed the amp up. to even contemplate even jokingly killing your wife over a 10 dollar amp is ignorant. she should kick your ignorant ass to the curb and get a real man. feggot

you'll go to a state facility for killing your wife dumbass. sounds like maybe you're the idiot that screwed the amp up. to even contemplate even jokingly killing your wife over a 10 dollar amp is ignorant. she should kick your ignorant ass to the curb and get a real man. feggot

I see sarcasm is a stranger to your world but thanks for the input just the same.

I would vote that you / yourself for the poor wiring job that you did!

In all seriousness, if you are going to stuff things in your trunk, you should have your wiring protected so that NOTHING in the trunk can get to it! Failure to do so will result in this happening again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.