Sign in to follow this  
ArrizX

9886 not finding ipod?

it knows its connected because when i switch it to use the ipod then it turns on. and when i disconnect the ipod it says not connected. but when it is hooked up it searches and never stops looking for it

what do i do

my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.

DD and AQ had sex and an FI popped out?

Bought From

87grnissan - MTX 7515

Blados - Rockford Fosgate P400.4

chaunb3400 - Pioneer DEH-P4900IB

FASTIMES - 4''x17'' Precision Port

animal0019.gif

I had the same problem with mine. Bought another one, same issue. I think the first year of them were faulty.

When did you get yours?

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious

Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections

Traded: Rtilaree, mike dressure, megalomaniac, wheeler

Feedback thread = http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224101

bought it off ebay, brand new still under alpine warrantee (i think)

my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.

Bought From

87grnissan - MTX 7515

animal0019.gif

My Ipod does that sometimes with my 9887.My problem is the Ipod.I always reset the Ipod and then it works.The Ipod manual will tell you how to reset it.You slide the hold switch to hold and then back again.Then press the menu and center buttons at the same time untill the Apple logo appears. This always works on mine.

thank you ill have a go at that.

Bought From

87grnissan - MTX 7515

animal0019.gif

Both your IPOD and HU should be able to be reset. At least I know my 9883 can be reset. Id do it first on the IPOD, then on the HU if it still doesnt work. These things can be finicky some times, when I tried to get my blue tooth enabled on my 9883 it took the guy two trips and a total of about 3 hours just to get that to work. Something about some wierd code in there to unlock it.

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathpenalty18

Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le

mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

Make sure your iPod has the latest updated firmware. When Alpine released that unit they made it only able to read the latest firmware at the release time of unit. I can't remember what version it is, but I will double check and let you know. Which iPod do you have? That can make a difference as to the firmware you need. your best bet is to just hook into iTunes and update to the latest version.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this