ok i have a box that i want to build and the dimensions are L= 21in. W= 32in. H1=14in. H2=7in. and i tryd to calculate the volume and got 4.0833333 cubic feet outer volume. and then i went to this website http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm to do the inner volume and it came out as 2.7 cubic feet internal. and i am using 3/4 mdf. if some one could help that would be great because i dont think this is right.

Originally posted by ShaunMac

Using 3/4" MDF

I come up with 3.09cu ft.

yeah i thought the internal cubes had to be more than 2.7 cubes.

y dont u just draw it out, and subtract 3/4" where its needed? I dont know, but thats what I always do, seems like it would be a lot simpler/smarter than just subtracting a given number....

Originally posted by mgaidica

y dont u just draw it out, and subtract 3/4" where its needed? I dont know, but thats what I always do, seems like it would be a lot simpler/smarter than just subtracting a given number....

im new at the box thing and i wouldnt know where to subtract the 3/4"? so i couldnt do that.

ill try in a minute, im busy right now though, ill get back to u on the dimensions ..

ok i just subtracted 1.5(.75+.75) from each measurment i had then found the volume with the new measurments and also got 3.09 cubic feet.