Will A 4 channel amp bridged give me stereo sound?

I have a jl audio 4 channel amp producing 4 x 75 rms. If i bridge the the channels i will get 2 x 150 rms, but will the sound be stereo or mono?
Depends on how you run the interconnects to the inputs. You will need to put two lefts on the front channels and two rights on the back channels, or vice-versa, but you get the idea.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have a jl audio 4 channel amp producing 4 x 75 rms. If i bridge the the channels i will get 2 x 150 rms, but will the sound be stereo or mono?
As long as you run only the left signal to channels 1&2, and only the right signal to channels 3&4, yes you'll have stereo sound.

You can run a bridged 4 channel in stereo by connecting the left output from the head unit to one set of bridged channels and the right output to the other set of bridged channels.

Uh, stereo, since it's not a mono amp. Mono just refers to the whole one channel application.
Mono can also refer to the type of sound being produced.

If I only input the left signal to every input on a 4-channel amplifier, the resulting sound would be mono even though I have "four channels"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.