8 channel Bluetooth amp with dsp or Minidsp +?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brax1942

CarAudio.com Newbie
Arkansas
So I am building an iPad mini based system that will play straight from my iPad to my amps. I have been told that I need at least an 8 channel amp (for a pair of 3 way components and 2 subs) and that the amp needs to have Bluetooth and preferably dsp.

With that said, can you guys suggest an 8 channel Bluetooth amp with dsp? I want to keep the cost down as much as possible while still accomplishing my goals. If I could do this for under a grand that would be nice. If not, then I will do what I have to do.

Would I be better off with a 6 channel and two sub amps using a Minidsp with 8 outputs?

It depends how much power you need for subs. There are options, like a Helix V8, Audiocontrol has a DSP/amp that has 2 RCA outs to go to a sub amp. Trinity makes a non-dsp staggered 8 channel amp that's pretty cool.

I like DSP amps a lot, but there are no cheap ones that offer a lot of power. If you want lots of power or may want to upgrade something you're better off using separate equipment.

Sennoupu (cheap Chinese company) does have a model (Hifi-12 I think or something like that) that has channels you can bridge to either run your sub or your midbasses, but I've never used it and only have read about 1 person that actually tried it.

The best DSP is a Helix. The miniDSP is also good. Minidsp does have the harmony DSP/amp as an option also, but the amp channels are not particularly powerful.

Some DSP amps will not let you bridge channels.

You'd have more options for power running a separate dsp and amp/amps versus a dsp combo amp imo

@Brax1942you know any place in AR that can tune a dsp? I haven't found anyone that said they could with any confidence 😂

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...