Influence of external port volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

ffkk
10+ year member

PTA, RSA
Hi all

If one extends a port/s outside of the enclosure does it influence the tuning frequency? For example if there's 20cm inside the enclosure and 60cm outside the enclosure will the tuning frequency be affected?

What other outputs of the setup will be influenced by this practice?

you would calculate tuning same way you would for any enclosure only diffrence is that youll only substract the displacement of the port thats in the enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I agree; it doesn't. :) See my comment above on Tuesday at 4:08 pm; in short, I'll use the auxiliary port on the FM transmitter.
Yeah I bet. A traffic jam by where I stay now is when you have to slow down a little to get around some Amish dude in a horse and buggy.
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...

About this thread

ffkk

10+ year member
ffkk
PTA, RSA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from