Want an awesome box plan for 3 12's in a ex-cab silverado

Badfastbusa
10+ year member

Wheelie addict!!!
Atoka, OK
Just want a little more... Dang this is addicting!

Ill try to keep it somewhat short and sweet, this is what i want:

I have 2 12" 4ohm Alpine Type-R's right now and am going to be getting 2 more of them and want to build a box for them with 1 long port over the top of the subs accross the whole box pointing forward (towards the front seats) along with the subs.

Specs

I want the same 32hz tune like i have now because i love the low bass that i am getting now, it could be tuned a little bit higher (not much though) if it makes the box build a little easier, but i don't want to go over 40hz unless you guys would think it would hit harder, i want it to make my eyes blurry as possible, take my breath, and put out some decent #'s on the mic, that isn't to much to ask is it? LOL

Area that i have to work with:

60" wide

i want it to be exactly this wide on the outside diameter of the box

22" tall

i want it to be exactly this tall on the outside diameter of the box

20inches deep

i don't really care how much of this is used up, i could actually go a little more if need be

I want this box planed around the specs and displacement of these subs if that is cool, i will see if i can find the specs for these subs.

those specs are along the back wall which is shorter than the hump in the middle... i am just going to make skirts or something to cover the open areas on the bottom on the sides of the hump in the middle... i didn't want to get to complicated with the box and try to use that air space because i will probably have a hard enough time just trying to get someone to plan out a badass box for me.

I will do it for cheap. I have nothing to do tomorrow I would love to do this.

Here are some pics of my work. Its my box for 3 Type r's before i bought my truck.

2.6ft each at 37 hz

box8.jpg

box5.jpg

And i can do much better i did this in a hurry. I have owned my R's (sold one) for two years and built at LEAST 15-20 boxes for them between mine now and the one ive sold to a friend. I know quite a bit about them.

Can you go any bigger on dimensions-the bigger the better. But make sure to leave room for your amps.

sorry i wasn't in bed yet, my internet messed up on me last night and it wouldn't let me back on. i have been doing a little research on the orion 2500d amp i just bought... i don't know what hz would be best for my truck/subs, that is one thing that has got me stumped... and i am also debating on going with 4 of them instead of just 3... with the deminsions i have that should give me a ton of cuft to work with (around 15cuft)

i can go crazy with the amp rack after i finish the box, i might do something like what you have done with the amp/wiring inside the box and hidden, but i am not sure just yet. like i said, i have a ton of room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.