Participant count
  • Participant list

dwman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
fla
OK i am going to be running a zx2500

on 2 kicker l7 15's

i know alot of you guys are running these at 1ohm so please tell me if my setup will run it good.

0 gauge wire

180amp alt

kenetik hc800 in trunk

i got 0 gauge running to 2nd battery then about 2ft of 4 gauge to the amp then 0 gauge to the ground i have ground down the metal for ground .

do you guys think this will be good enough? i am going to do the big 3 very very soon.

well there has been alot of people on this forum running it at 1ohm with half the output as my alt?

so i do see why you say that

OK i am going to be running a zx2500on 2 kicker l7 15's

i know alot of you guys are running these at 1ohm so please tell me if my setup will run it good.

0 gauge wire

180amp alt

kenetik hc800 in trunk

i got 0 gauge running to 2nd battery then about 2ft of 4 gauge to the amp then 0 gauge to the ground i have ground down the metal for ground .

do you guys think this will be good enough? i am going to do the big 3 very very soon.
you will need to upgrade that 4awg piece from back bat to amp up to 1/0 soon as possible. get the big 3 done too asap. only other upgrade from there would be doing a dedicated negative run of 1/0, which eliminates the need for the big 3. also what kind of battery up front? if the amp is only 2 ft away from the back battery that helps. haveing a 180amp alty helps alot too man.

i've ran my kx 2500.1 at 1 ohm off a red top up front, and a g31 red top in the back, volatge drop was to about 12v steady but it ran fine all day. keep an eye on your voltage, as long as you dont dip under 12v much you should be just fine. with that HO alty you shouldnt run into this problem unless you bump it full tilt with your rpm's low. if your rpms are up youll be set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.