Zx2500.` Legit?

Get kicker ZX2500.1?

• YES

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • NO

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
my subs are 2.66 ohms............................... dual 4 ohm i have 3 .........there for runnign them at 8 ohms. 8 divided by 3 is 2.66667 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2.7 rounded up and 2.0 are diffrent

and do not forget ohm rise

you would 1700 on a very lucky day at best probaly closer to 13-1400

oh and that is at 14.4v

2000 from the jl's on 12.5v at best

so if you are looking to down grade go for it

Yes it is stable at .67 you also have to include the fact your impedance will rise, so not to worry (if you were).

do not worry about the quality of sundown amps because i am guessing you may have never herd of them.

i have i just hear never actually seen or heard one... so i just need to run at .67 ohms and run saz 3000d? end of story its not to much or to little?

If you put both a JL and a Kicker amp on a oscilloscope the JL will show more deebeez. Therefore the JL is somehow 2x the watts of the Kicker even when set for both to put out the same power. There's just something magical about JL products that science can't explain.

not only is the kicker a far superior amp that happens to cost less. but you're a typical ignorant JL fanboy who doesn't understand the concept of research (starting with the search button). "Think outside of the box", which could be translated as "there's more to awsome car audio than JL"....which is an incredibly hard concept to grasp for many people

its not hard im just trying to push my subs to the most without ****ing them up in the process.... and i have now been informed that a sundown 3000d at .67 will be perfect for these subs

i just a few days ago came across a friend of a friend. kid is a white thug wanna be drug dealer who's ego is bigger than this forum during peaky hours. Kid has a 3000gt with 2 JL 13w6v2's in a sealed front firing box with a 1000/1. the sub are less than a half an inch away from his front seats and rub his seats when playing. He ate up all the ******** the shop fed him and paid all this money for his name brand crap and proceeds to tell me its the cleanest bass ont he market. i sit in the car and he's MAD bottoming, more than likely clipping the hell out of them, and cones are rubbing his seats........i try to explain to him the concept of clipping and mechanical limits on woofers but he shrugged it off and acted like he had the perfect setup. With the subs at medium volume they sounded great, but he turns it up and they sounded like garbage and he cant tell the difference.

now i'm sorry if i was a little harsh in my previous posting, you're probably not nearly as retarded as this assclown i just mentioned. but seriously, do some research. the kicker 2500 boards have been rocking face for years with MANY legit comparison tests to show their worth. Get the kicker man

Just know sundown no longer covers ohm loads below 1Ω. But they are KNOWN to run at 0.5Ω all day, they just changed the warranties because not everyone is smart enough to run .5Ω correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But I agree, you won't see more than 1500 watts or so out of the ZX2500 since you have 3 D4's that only wire to 2.7, which will rise around 3. Go with the SAZ-3k or the RD-3250 (harder to find though) or something similar.

at 2.66 ohms and with impedance rise i wont get at least 2400 watt out of the kicker will ?
Doubt it, while they are amazing amps, I wouldn't bother with them at such a high Ω load.

Maybe that's just me though, I don't like getting less than I paid for.

thats where im at so should i go with the sundown? at .67?
As long as you have the electrical it'll take it like a champion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...