?? about bridging a JL 300/4.

Participant count
  • Participant list

JDBoogie
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I want to bridge my 300/4, but i ran into a little problem... When i put the spkr wires to the bridged terminals i loose side to side balance control.. I tried it in 2ch as well as 4ch modes and it still didnt balance correctly. I tried moving the RCA's around also but i still had the problem.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

J.

Sorry I didn't read the whole post. But I had no problem when I had my 300/4. I played with the 2 ch and 4 ch switch but when I had it bridged I never tried to play with the balance. And as for side to side balance. Is that from left to right or front to rear?

The problem is with the left to right balance.
How do you have your RCA's connected?

I have heard that you should use a Y-splitter on your RCA's so the front left RCA channel will split into both front RCA inputs on the amp, and the front right RCA will split into both rear inputs.

You should have full balance control.

I have 1 set of rca's that are currently plugged into the front (male) connectors. I ran into the problem when i moved the spkr wire to the bridged terminals. I noticed the problem because the d-side was louder than the pass side. I moved the balance all the way to the front, then to the left (the right side went low but not out. I then unplugged the rca's and started moving just one rca to each connector to see if i could get even sound (which didnt happen). I put everything back to where i had control of everything.

The switch needs to be set to four channel and you need two y splitters to make it work on the 300/4. In two channel mode the rear input gets the same signal as the front so the ballance wont work. You will need to hook up your FR and FL to the Left RCA, and your RR and RL to the Right RCA.

The switch needs to be set to four channel and you need two y splitters to make it work on the 300/4. In two channel mode the rear input gets the same signal as the front so the ballance wont work. You will need to hook up your FR and FL to the Left RCA, and your RR and RL to the Right RCA.
Yeah, Thats what I said! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So if i set it up with the 2 Y adapters, i will have side to side balance but loose front to rear fade..??
you cant have front to rear fade with only 2 speakers!

You will still have left to right balance though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.