Zv4 4th Order Specs

Participant count
  • Participant list
Do you really think that .25 cube difference will be audible? IMO you're way over-thinking this and that variance will be about the least impact on final results.
I'm just making sure, for a few reasons: A) .25 per sub is actually a 3 cube difference total with a 2:1 ratio with four subs. I do think 3 cubes will create an audible difference... do you? B) I've never done a 4th with Zv4s, so I'm literally shooting in the dark when it comes to specs. You guys are resources, so why not pick your brains and see what experiences you've had? C) This will be behind the c-pillar along with four amps and six batteries... needless to say, 3 cubes of space either makes or breaks this project.

I'm just making sure, for a few reasons: A) .25 per sub is actually a 3 cube difference total with a 2:1 ratio with four subs. I do think 3 cubes will create an audible difference... do you? B) I've never done a 4th with Zv4s, so I'm literally shooting in the dark when it comes to specs. You guys are resources, so why not pick your brains and see what experiences you've had? C) This will be behind the c-pillar along with four amps and six batteries... needless to say, 3 cubes of space either makes or breaks this project.
With 4 15's worth of cone area 3 cube won't make much difference. If I were to guess I'd think you'd be hard pressed to get that much volume + adequate bracing/layers + adequate port area + amps and batteries behind the back seats of almost anything.

Is there any reason you feel you need to do a bandpass as opposed to just a flat wall ported?

With 4 15's worth of cone area 3 cube won't make much difference. If I were to guess I'd think you'd be hard pressed to get that much volume + adequate bracing/layers + adequate port area + amps and batteries behind the back seats of almost anything.
Is there any reason you feel you need to do a bandpass as opposed to just a flat wall ported?
No, not really haha. Owner just wanted to do a c pillar 4th, but I think he's still undecided... He's going back and forth between flat and 4th.

Do you have a youtube link or pics of his build?

Youtube link in my signature. Have a few videos of it. He sold the truck and we built a 4th order c pillar wall in his Dodge Nitro with them for a while. Then went to 4 18" B pillar 4th and now working on 6 15" B pillar 4th.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.