Zv4 4th Order Specs

Participant count
  • Participant list

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
Provo, UT
I'll soon be building a C-Pillar 4th order for (4) Zv4 12" Rev. 1s on (4) DD M3bs in an '08 Chevy Trailblazer. I've already decided on a 2:1 ratio, but I'm having trouble finding accurate info for my sealed section. Some have said 1.5 cubes per while others have said 1.25 cubes per.

So, I open it up to you guys to share your thoughts. On roughly 3-4k per sub, how much airspace would you give each sub on the sealed portion of the enclosure?

You'll always get a solid number on the dash if it's designed right.
Very true, but like I said, demoing will be most important for this particular build. The overwhelming majority of music played will be in the 25-35hz range, with the most being 28-32hz.

My buddy had 4 ZV4 12s( SPL cone, surround, nightshade coils, Rev2) in a 4th blow through. Thing was nasty. Played from 15 to 50hz. Did a 157. Was a 3:1 though.

I can get some more specs from him if you like.

My buddy had 4 ZV4 12s( SPL cone, surround, nightshade coils, Rev2) in a 4th blow through. Thing was nasty. Played from 15 to 50hz. Did a 157. Was a 3:1 though.

I can get some more specs from him if you like.
I would very much appreciate that. I know it's a 3:1, but just seeing what he did would be a big help. Thank you x 100!

Do you really think that .25 cube difference will be audible? IMO you're way over-thinking this and that variance will be about the least impact on final results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.